Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I have a magnetic induction cooktop as well. I had to provide adequate ventilation to the front of the cabinetry immediately underneath the benchtop. The induction tops are fan cooled.

It is the fault of the cabinetmaker as he/she should have asked you about appliances during the initial design brief and then double check appliances again before the kitchen went into production.

Here is an interesting idea. What does Mr & Mrs No Idea do when they decide to put an induction cooktop in an existing kitchen? It think it is definitely up to the retailer to notify the client that they will require the services of a licenced cabinetmaker as well as an electrician to install their new cooktop.

But then again, they wouldn't be selling as many induction tops, would they?

Here is an interesting idea. What does Mr & Mrs No Idea do when they decide to put an induction cooktop in an existing kitchen? It think it is definitely up to the retailer to notify the client that they will require the services of a licenced cabinetmaker as well as an electrician to install their new cooktop.
    and i agree with this comment ,but from what little experience (only 25 years) i have had with customers they would have been fascinated by the displays and not heard of product specs any way and if they took the time to read them they would have said thats not my problem as i am only redoing the kitchen not remaking the kitchen ,the public (me included) are fickle creatures and only listen,hear and remember the things that are beneficial to themself :eek:
    kind regards
    tom armstrong
    www.kitcheninabox.com.au
    Flat Packed kitchens to the world

On a related note, I have to tell all my clients that the wonderful rangehood that they've been sold is not, in fact, complete. I've yet to see a rangehood that comes with either charcoal filters or ducting and you need to use one or the other for them to really work. You'd think the sales people would tell the clients, especially as there's an opportunity for them to get a few more dollars from the punter.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938