Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: why is it so ?

fcuk (thats on my grandaughter's t-shirt so it must be ok...)
    Yes thats right French Connection United Kingdom

Quote Originally Posted by Shedhand
    Just hit the ignore me button if you don't like me St Peter....
    Pretty hard in a public forum. You post we read, that is the nature of the forums. I can only know that your post is offensive after the fact. Simple enough?

I let you know here that what you posted about the dovetails being wasted on the Pope was also offensive in the extreme. How do I avoid reading crap like that?

This is no-ones private playground.

And yes I have been known to swear on occasion.

Just hit the ignore me button if you don't like me St Peter....
    It's taken a while for you to show your true colours. Maybe it's time we shut the shed door. :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by Harry72
    Yes thats right French Connection United Kingdom
    I've seen that stuff and their large billboard on the Bolte Bridge. It's purile if you ask me.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    It's taken a while for you to show your true colours. Maybe it's time we shut the shed door. :mad:
    Sorry Gumby,

religious or not, I think he did it here first http://www.woodworkforums.ubeaut.com...01&postcount=6

Well given that he's managed to alianate just about everybody, who's he going to talk to?

There's a spare seat either side of Alspine, maybe he could sit over there. They seem suited to each other.
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Quote Originally Posted by Gumby
    There's a spare seat either side of Alspine, maybe he could sit over there. They seem suited to each other.
    Glad that you didn't include Kenmil in this for unlike these two at least he contributed to the board before his infamous dummy spit.

Peter.

French Connection United Kingdom Him.

That cant be offensive can it?

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by craigb
    Hey Shedhand,

One question: Are you happy to be here?
    What's it now Pick on Shedhand week. Yep, Love this place. I'l just ignore the people I don't want to converse with and you do the same and we'll all be happy. What you say?
    If you never made a mistake, you never made anything!

Default ho hum lets talk woodwork

Quote Originally Posted by boban
    Pretty hard in a public forum. You post we read, that is the nature of the forums. I can only know that your post is offensive after the fact. Simple enough?

I let you know here that what you posted about the dovetails being wasted on the Pope was also offensive in the extreme. How do I avoid reading crap like that?

This is no-ones private playground.

And yes I have been known to swear on occasion.
    Another one.....
    If you never made a mistake, you never made anything!

Default Message for Shedhand

Shedhand,
    I've used this analogy before, you may find it helpful. There's a business (U-Beaut) that makes and supplies finishing products. It pays for a clubhouse where woodworkers and those even remotely interested in woodworking can get together and chat about their interests. The club doesn't directly benefit the business, but the owners are willing to pay for the running of the club for the goodwill it generates. There's a few discrete signs on the walls giving the business name, but no direct advertising.

In return for this openhandedness the owners and managers of this club simply ask patrons and visitors to abide by a few simple rules and "no swearing" is one of them. As has pointed out there's very good reasons for this. Even if there were absolutely no reason at all for any of the rules the fact that the club owner has set them should be reason enough. If you don't like the rules, and continue to misbehave then there's a good chance that the bouncer will grab you and throw you out the door.

The clubhouse is open to people from all over the world and of any age. There's quite a few regular members and some of them are founts of wisdom and knowledge, others are here to learn whatever they can, some are always good for a laugh and to lift the spirits, and some visit once to get help with a problem and are never heard of again. There's hand tool experts, machinery nuts, class clowns, tradesmen (and women) from a variety of trades, all willing to share their skills and knowledge. There's discussions that are very woody related and others that are totally unrelated. People enjoy coming to this club, and some spend hours here every day. It's got a friendly caring atmosphere and is always supportive of members that are experiencing any difficulties. In short, it's a great place to be.

The clubhouse also has an open door for anyone who just wishes to be a spectator, they're not even required to identify themselves. So visitors could be anyone old enough to manage a computer. Now imagine that into this cosy, friendly atmosphere comes someone who is loud and abrasive, swearing like a trooper and generally spoiling the atmosphere. When asked to abide by the rules he's miffed and shouts out that it's his right to act as he pleases. He's very assertive about his rights but hasn't a clue about his responsibilities.

I've worked in some pretty crude environments and can swear with the best of them but I try to temper my language around here and don't believe it's an infringement of my freedom of speech. If you came to my house and swore or blasphemed I would tell you quite firmly to desist and if you didn't comply I'd show you the door (with violence if required).
    If you don't like how this club is run by its owners or managers then you're free to leave and start your own.

If you believe it's your right to swear and blaspheme you might want to head down to the ANZAC day dawn service next year and try it to see what happens.

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

Another one.....

That's nine people that you don't want to converse with you in what is a quiet night, or rather that's nine people that DON'T want to converse with you.

That's a great record for someone who has been a member of only 16 days and who has an unenviable record of most of his posts being a waste of space.

Of course the nine doesn't include whose very reasonable response to the original question started of your tirade. :mad:

Apart from your abhorrent choice of language you also seem to think that should immediately respond to your questioning post, and when not answered quickly enough for your liking you posted a sarcastic post entitled " You have an email ".

That I'm sure is calculated to win friends and influence people, NOT. :mad: Whilst we might, at times, disagree with the moderators decisions we at least appreciate them giving their unpaid time and effort and money to keep this board going.

Now you say that you know exactly what it takes to provide these forums. So then you know how much time and effort and money it cost to keep a board running, but the problem for you is this is a private board and not government paid and run and you, as well as us, are here solely by their grace.

You also say that you developed and ran a Government intranet for a number of years. So tell us when you ran that, did you allow and condone swearing on a government intranet. Did you moderate any discussion and as such use the objectionable censorship to keep it in line?

You also say that you object to be censored when the issue is so topical and important. Again that is only your opinion, which so far hasn't proved to be worth very much.

, maybe it's time to do another of your daily good turns and restrict Shedhand's posting ability. I'm sure the board would be better of without him.

Or maybe we should have a poll on his continued membership?

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee
    That's nine people that you don't want to converse with you in what is a quiet night, or rather that's nine people that DON'T want to converse with you.

Ten.

P
    :mad:

Eleven
    Cheers

TEEJAY

There is a very fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"

(Man was born to hunt and kill)

Twelve, and thats from one of the class clowns.