Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: why is it so ?

Quote Originally Posted by
    Define auto pilot.
    Software that doesn't accept posts that don't meet certain criteria such as some specific words and phrases etc
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Quote Originally Posted by Shedhand
    Be warned - as from now Freedom of Speech is Dead!!!!
    now whar's that darn tootin' gol darned 2 ba 4er.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
    No it's not, just say it without malice or swearing.

It may be a new experience for some.

Quote Originally Posted by echnidna
    Software that doesn't accept posts that don't meet certain criteria such as some specific words and phrases etc
    That is what the censorship is for but some love to beat it.

Default Swearing??

Do you regard traditional Australian euphemisms like, bugger, bastard, bloody christ almighty and fcuk off, dcikhead as swearing? I hear worse from 12 year old girls when I walk past the local Private School.
    Our language has always been expressive and I haven't seen anyone here in my short time offended by any "swearing". A simple PM to the offending party by the offended one would do.
    If you never made a mistake, you never made anything!

Question You have an email .

You have email waiting .
    Cheers

Shedhand old son.

May I gently point out that you have only been a member of these forums for less than a month. I have no idea how long you have been a lurker.

If you do a search in the archives, you'll find that this topic has been covered often in the past.

Please don't get up on your high horse until you have some understanding of what it takes to provide these fora.

and think of the amount of work this forum makes for .
    Thats why the orange room is there.
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

Shedhand, yes they are swearing.

Take an Oxford dictionary, and look up a questionable word. If it's says 'vulgar' next to it, then it's swearing.

I'd like to know that if, by chance, my wife reads this forum, the only thing she might be offended by is something I have typed in, not someone's inability to leave their blue streak at the door.

And I'm someone whose mum would make you blush with what she can come up with.

Also expecting this post to go into thin air, so...

duck.

Quote Originally Posted by Schtoo
    Shedhand, yes they are swearing.

Take an Oxford dictionary, and look up a questionable word. If it's says 'vulgar' next to it, then it's swearing.

I'd like to know that if, by chance, my wife reads this forum, the only thing she might be offended by is something I have typed in, not someone's inability to leave their blue streak at the door.

And I'm someone whose mum would make you blush with what she can come up with.

Also expecting this post to go into thin air, so...

duck.
    Cripes (is that acceptable?) mmmfffffffwvvmmm ( that's me pursing my lips and counting to ten)......

Do you regard traditional Australian euphemisms like, bugger, bastard, bloody christ almighty and fcuk off, dcikhead as swearing?
    Yes I do. Not only is it swearing but very offensive to me, and quite a few other members as well.

What the fcuk (thats on my grandaughter's t-shirt so it must be ok...)
    Whilst that maybe on your granddaughter's t-shirt IMO it is not okay and not necessary on this forum.

Whilst I usually don't comment or reply to posts with swearing you wanted to know if anyone has been offended over your swearing so this time I decided to post and tell you that I am. Your use of "bloody christ almighty and fcuk off " in the same line is so offensive to me that I've given you a reddie to remind you that I am offended. :mad:

BTW your claim of freedom of speech being dead is a load of codswallop, and shows your complete ignorance of the useage of this board.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by craigb
    Shedhand old son.

May I gently point out that you have only been a member of these forums for less than a month. I have no idea how long you have been a lurker.

If you do a search in the archives, you'll find that this topic has been covered often in the past.

Please don't get up on your high horse until you have some understanding of what it takes to provide these fora.
    Not your son, jnr and not a lurker.
    Not on my high horse. (can't ride for nuts). I know exactly what it takes to provide these fora. Developed and ran a Government intranet for a number of years.
    Just object to be censored when the issue is so topical and important. The anti-yank ones were more problematic but allowed to stand.

Default Hit the ignore me button

Quote Originally Posted by Sturdee
    Yes I do. Not only is it swearing but very offensive to me, and quite a few other members as well.

Whilst that maybe on your granddaughter's t-shirt IMO it is not okay and not necessary on this forum.

Whilst I usually don't comment or reply to posts with swearing you wanted to know if anyone has been offended over your swearing so this time I decided to post and tell you that I am. Your use of "bloody christ almighty and fcuk off " in the same line is so offensive to me that I've given you a reddie to remind you that I am offended. :mad:

BTW your claim of freedom of speech being dead is a load of codswallop, and shows your complete ignorance of the useage of this board.

Peter.
    Just hit the ignore me button if you don't like me St Peter....

The intent of swearing is to offend, by its nature. This board is often frequented by young people seeking assistance. I have been known to swear, but very rarely, if ever, when asked not to. There is simply no need, and we have been asked not to by those who put in their time to maintain the board for us. That's enough - surely?

Hey Shedhand,

One question: Are you happy to be here?

Just hit the ignore me button if you don't like me St Peter....

Yes, I can and usually do, for not many of your posts have been of interest to me.

However IMO I think this board would be better served if applied his IGNORE/DELETE button to you.

Peter.