Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Good to hear you are back on the road Les - as 50 is supposed to be the new 30 you've got a long way to go - enjoy the journey.

Regards,
    Bob

Exclamation

Bob_ the classic signs are chest pain ( that can sometimes be mistaken for indigestion), Pain that spreads up the centre of the chest and into the shoulders, upper arms and lower jaw. Shortness of breath, tiredness.

These are not the only signs but they are the "big " ones.

Sometimes people - moreso women - get backpain

Other signs can be swollen ankles.

In my case, and this comes with hindsight, I had what I thought was continual tooth ache in the upper left jaw. This was reflected pain caused by lack of blood flow inthe bottom jaw. It disappeared after the bypasses.

Also had a problem with sensitive teeth in the lower jaw because the gums had receeded.Again lack of blood flow.
    Gums returned to normal after op. and also became much pinker.

You can get a Coronary Artery Calcium Scoring test done. This will tell how much calcium plaque is lining your arteries. The wrong score ( Ithink it is in excess of 100, but don't quote me) means its time to have a really thorough check up that may entail an angiogram.

G'day Les,
    sorry to hear about your heart problem. My other half had a similar attack in October 2008 and had one stent inserted that night and another one a month later. She said that life goes on and you can do almost anything. So best wishes for a speedy recovery.

As far as light work goes, it is a well known medical fact that Festools are MUCH too heavy to use and cause severe stress so I will happily look after your collection.

Glad to hear you got quick treatment and getting better.
    Light woodwork - ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - balsa
    maybe turning lamps/light fittings
    Just do what you feel comfortable with as time progresses.
    Good luck
    Have a good one
    Keith

Great to hear you are doing well. keep it up. I think light woodworking would be Balsa or Cedar. Maybe even a little pine. Good to see you on the road to recovery mate.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Just an update. Had 2 stents inserted to the right coronary artery on Monday past. (Now a total of 4 stents). Feeling real good now. I know I have to take it slow. The good news is that the damage to the Apex is not as bad as first feared and it has already recovered somewhat in the 3 weeks since the attack. The cardiologist expects that it will recover a great deal.
    So, if I am a good boy (diet and exercise) she'll be apples.
    Thanks for all the good wishes.
    Regards
    Les

Thumbs up

That is really good news!!!

Default a little stumble

Les, thats really good news, hope your recovery continues at this pace and you are back in the shed at full strength real soon.
    SSGT
    ssgt

rrich Guest

Les, glad to hear that you're felling better.

Had a stent inserted about 2-1/2 years ago. Light woodworking for me was do nothing for a month. Then avoid lifting anything heavy for another month. (Allow the artery to heal completely after the stent was inserted.)

The worst part is the Plavix. I'm on half dose and I still bruise very easily. And the stuff is expensive. ($450 per 3 months)

Just take it easy, get your walk in every day. (Couple of K every day)

My cardiologist says a good glass of red does wonders. Or a V-Martini is good for me.

Who's to argue with the doc?

37 Deg, 52. 697' South 145 deg, 15.627' East. Elevation 78M

Quote Originally Posted by lesmeyer View Post
    Hi all.
    Just to let you know that on 3 March I suffered a heart attack. It happened early morning while still in bed and I was due to see the cardiologist later that afternoon. Ambulance arrived pretty quickly and rushed to hospital and by 10 am I had 2 stents inserted in the left anterior descending coronary artery. I am feeling well and on the road to recovery. I will have one more stent inserted in the right coronary artery on 22 March.
    Apparently I can commence with "light woodwork" on 15 March.
    Does anyone know what constitutes "light woodwork"?
    Regards
    Les
    Had two of them, last time in the ward I started to get on with the bloke in the next bed he was interested in the same stuff that I was. We went to sleep later and in the middle of the night I heard a horrible gasp so I called the nurses and started a bit of a bother, poor bugger had died in his sleep. Sort of put me off the ward a bit.

Have to go and see the vet today because the BP has decided to go crazy and is to high, give away is I am feeling dizzy and agitated, hope i don't have to spend Easter in the ward again.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I´m not so sure about the universe.

Default Plavix

Quote Originally Posted by rrich View Post

Had a stent inserted about 2-1/2 years ago. Light woodworking for me was do nothing for a month. Then avoid lifting anything heavy for another month. (Allow the artery to heal completely after the stent was inserted.)

The worst part is the Plavix. I'm on half dose and I still bruise very easily. And the stuff is expensive. ($450 per 3 months)

Just take it easy, get your walk in every day. (Couple of K every day)

My cardiologist says a good glass of red does wonders. Or a V-Martini is good for me.

Who's to argue with the doc?
    I take plavix daily along with Cartia (enteric coated Aspirin), and Imdur to help dilate the blood vessels. Alphapress and Verapamil for the Blood pressure complete the brew. I also Take fishoil capsules and have reasonable amount of fish in the diet.

You can imagine how I bruise!! I had some moles removed and the Doc told me tio cut out the fish oil for a few days before and a few days after. Of my own accord I didn't take the Aspirin, Plvix or Imdur the day of the procedure.

The best thing about this brew is that I have not had a headache since my Bypass operation over 2 years ago.

I myself try to drink a glass of red wine a few nights a week. I'm not really sure if it is doing me any good, but it is definitely nice and relaxing after a hard days work. As far as light work goes perhaps you could make balsa wood airplanes...
    Mark Jacobs is the webmaster for small woodworking projects website.

I'm told that 2 glasses of red a night is good for my heart. I'm up to 2042 at present.

Hope you're all going well with your spare parts.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
    I'm told that 2 glasses of red a night is good for my heart. I'm up to 2042 at present.

Hope you're all going well with your spare parts.

2042 - That's the model # of one of the Carba-Tec dust extractors .
    Les

Quote Originally Posted by rrich View Post

Wow, that's expensive. I guess we are lucky here in OZ where 3 months of plavix will cost about $90 AU. That is due to our PBS scheme where the govt pays the rest. For those on low incomes and pensioners, 3 months plavix will cost about $21.
    You pay for plavix alone more than what I pay for all 5 heart medications.
    Les