Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is what I use. I have one in the shed and keep one in the car.

I use it for woodwork, metal work and milling.
    Great protection, Non-fogging, excellent all round vision, non distorting and very comfortable, flips down with a head flick, can use ordinary glasses underneath

and best of all peltor.

H10Bs (one of THE best muffs around) clips neatly to the back holding down the back of the visor.

Quote Originally Posted by jmk89 View Post
    My issue is that it is hard to wear safety glasses with the glasses I need to wear for seeing. Any suggestions?
    I use these UVEX ones which I got from Lee Valley

Safety Overglasses - Lee Valley Tools
    regards from Alberta, Canada

ian

I need a new mask, where did you get it from Bob, and how much?
    Neil

Quote Originally Posted by dai sensei View Post
    I need a new mask, where did you get it from Bob, and how much?
    Mitre10, $40.

The polycarbonate is very scratch resistant and the head band is real comfy, much better than the $30 yellow topped ones they sell elsewhere. Plus the 10HB muffs clip on at the back

Default Licensed Prescription Safety Eyewear

My company manufactures prescription safety eyewear. All our glasses conform to Australian safety standards, we can make virtually any type of lens you need, and have a wide range of frames to suit all different needs.
    IOAC – Industrial Optical & Audiometric Consultancy

or email us with any enquiries

[email protected]

Jessica

Thanks for that Jessica.

My question is about the Aus standard. How shatterproof? If you could put this in layman's terms.
    Cheers, Ern

No worries

Our glasses are tested to be medium impact, which we test in several ways. We have a ballistic testing maching that shoots a ball bearing at the lenses, we have a weighted pin drop on them from a certain height, and we also do heat testing as well. All of our glasses come with a medium impact compliance card, and we are independantly audited by the safety licensing company SAI Global. We sell our glasses through indepedant optometrists, both to the public and to industry. To comply with high impact standards, you would need to wear a face shield over the top of prescription safety glasses.

I hope this helps

Jessica

Thanks Jessica.

As you can see from earlier posts, avoiding indirect intrusion is also important.

So out of the frames you have, which might be best as 'wrap-arounds'?

And of those, what would a bifocal with 2. 5 mag below and ordinary above cost me?
    Cheers, Ern

The best style of frame will depend on how it fits, as every face is different. If you don't mind me asking, where are you located? I could let you know the nearest suppliers to you. Each optometrist has slightly different mark ups, but I could work out a price for you based on our RRP. We find it best if you work through an optometrist, because they will help you find the best fit frame, and will be able to measure up the bifocal segments and pupil distance to give you the best vision, and tailor the script to you if you have slight differences between eyes or to best accommodate your working distance. If you feel that you wanted to buy directly from us, I could speak to my manager to see if that was a possibility, but you will always get optimal fit and visual acuity if a qualified Optometrist and Dispenser handle the measurements in person.

Jessica

Thanks.

Yes of course noggins vary.

What you can read in this thread is that careful folks have used goggles to minimise ricochets. Or else visors. Visors don't come in bifocals AFAIK but one can always wear 'look overs' under them. I resort to this sometimes but for close work on the lathe it's a pill.

What I'd like is to buy online something with frames like these but with the bottom third in 2.5 mag.

Yes, I've had my eyes tested and use prescription lenses for reading. For std distance, both eyes are near as dammit to 2. For fine lathe work I resort to pharmacy 2.5 look overs but they're not really a good option for eye protection.
    Cheers, Ern

This is our range of frames, and a few seem similar to what you're after:
    IOAC – Industrial Optical & Audiometric Consultancy » IOAC Eyewear Range
    Namely, the Bolle Bandit, the 708 Razor and the Uvex Meteor are the best plastics for coverage.
    Unfortunately, we only sell custom made eyewear, and I'm unsure where to direct you for something off-the-shelf, which would basically mean a bit of a difference in price.

In the mines, where i work, safety eyewear is compulsory at all times.
    Guys who wear prescription glasses usually get a set of safety ones made up but there are a few brands that do the overglasses like the link from Lee Valley.
    MSA Supervue are one. Should be on the shelf at most safety/workwear shops.
    Or here: Visitor Safety Glasses - Clear : Ultimate Safety Supplies
    Those were the droids I was looking for.
    https://autoblastgates.com.au

Quote Originally Posted by IOAC View Post
    This is our range of frames, and a few seem similar to what you're after:
    IOAC – Industrial Optical & Audiometric Consultancy » IOAC Eyewear Range
    Namely, the Bolle Bandit, the 708 Razor and the Uvex Meteor are the best plastics for coverage.
    Unfortunately, we only sell custom made eyewear, and I'm unsure where to direct you for something off-the-shelf, which would basically mean a bit of a difference in price.
    I really get annoyed with companies or individuals that wont quote a price for their products as if they have something to hide, Surely there is a ballpark figure that could give people an idea as to the cost. Or at least the cost of the frame without the prescription lens and even then there has to be a general average cost.

I fail to see what companies and traders achieve by "hiding" the prices of their products from the public. It's like the jeweler who turns the price tickets on their face so you can't see the price of the item. what childish, cheap tricks but I guess they work for some people.

It seems to me, the last thing you want to do is quote some figure as a guide to costing. Even your website doesn't quote prices , not even for the frames. I mean surely its not impossible to say how much on average a pair of glasses cost, there must be an average to give people and idea. If you know your job, you must know the range of prices that your glasses can cost. say from a $100 to $500 for instance even that would at least put us in a price bracket for us to consider and in that instance, the people who are thinking, "maybe I can get a pair for $50" will be out of the equation and don't have to waste their time chasing up a price. And please allow us to have some intelligence, we know peoples faces vary but, really, we do have average dimensions and surely a millimeter here or there is not going to make much difference to the price structure, or do you charge by the shape of the face.?

I was in roof restoration for over 20 years and if someone rang me and asked, how much does the average roof cost for a 3 bedroom home to get some idea of a costing, it's not that difficult to give an average pricing without committing to a fixed price but at least it gives the prospective customer a guide.

Sorry to deviate from the original posting but this sort of thing really gets my goat.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

Hear, hear John

Seems to work for Jet though

Quote Originally Posted by Big Shed View Post
    Hear, hear John

Seems to work for Jet though
    Yeah, I know, that's the sad part eh?
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John