Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I know the company of which you speak, I brought a fence system from them, which arrived with complimentry dents and scratches. But the best part was with both rails that attach to the TS itself were not only warped, but warped in two different directions.

Ask for a refund and they come back with, have you tried this? tried that? what about this.

In the end I just gave up and it still sits in garage up against a corner.

If enough customers just swallow bad service then it gets perpetuated.

I don't get angry, I just insist on the service I expect. Persistence pays off.

I had a Trumpy motorbike from new just a few years back. A number of things went wrong with it in the first months. I refused to be put off with assertions that I could wait til parts were shipped from the UK. They agreed to air freight them. Sitting in the waiting room of their service centre I saw a guy with a new scooter being fobbed off with the same rubbish: the required part would take 3 months. He accepted that the machine he'd just paid decent money for was going to be off the road for that time.

I've found that phone or face-to-face is best. Email is a waste of time. Also that you go on quietly stating your position and if you don't get any traction you escalate to the next level in the hierarchy. At some point they usually decide that it's easier to do the right thing because you're not going to go away. Once the manager has made this decision things typically fall into place down the line. Then they treat you with respect because they know the boss is looking.
    Cheers, Ern

Quote Originally Posted by rsser View Post
    If enough customers just swallow bad service then it gets perpetuated.

I don't get angry, I just insist on the service I expect. Persistence pays off.

I had a Trumpy motorbike from new just a few years back. A number of things went wrong with it in the first months. I refused to be put off with assertions that I could wait til parts were shipped from the UK. They agreed to air freight them. Sitting in the waiting room of their service centre I saw a guy with a new scooter being fobbed off with the same rubbish: the required part would take 3 months. He accepted that the machine he'd just paid decent money for was going to be off the road for that time.

I've found that phone or face-to-face is best. Email is a waste of time. Also that you go on quietly stating your position and if you don't get any traction you escalate to the next level in the hierarchy. At some point they usually decide that it's easier to do the right thing because you're not going to go away. Once the manager has made this decision things typically fall into place down the line. Then they treat you with respect because they know the boss is looking.
    I once had the full value of a new Mitsubishi Pajero refunded because I wasn't satisfied with it after seven months. I'll call the shop next week and see where I get to.
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

I was in Timbecon Perth this Wednesday on my lunch break. I mooched about and picked up one or two things and went to the counter to pay. The guy (the only one in the shop) was on the phone. So I waited. And waited. Even though I was standing right in front of him he didn't acknowledge I was there. I coughed. I fidgeted. I rattled my bits and pieces. I sighed and looked pointedly at my watch. I farted. I left my stuff on the counter and left. I won't be back.
    Pugwash.

Never criticise Australia Post. One day they might find out where you live.
    www.clivequinn.com

Quote Originally Posted by pugwash View Post
    I was in Timbecon Perth this Wednesday on my lunch break. I mooched about and picked up one or two things and went to the counter to pay. The guy (the only one in the shop) was on the phone. So I waited. And waited. Even though I was standing right in front of him he didn't acknowledge I was there. I coughed. I fidgeted. I rattled my bits and pieces. I sighed and looked pointedly at my watch. I farted. I left my stuff on the counter and left. I won't be back.
    My wait cost is cheap, only $1 a minute. In those situations and for small value items, once I have waited for the equivalent of the value of the item I just walk out the door with it. Farts are extra.

WW, I empathise with your predicament .I don't usually shop there the place does not function as well as it did with the previous owner who would'nt stand for this crap.
    He also stocked more and when he started out by himself and until he sold the shop it was always a pleasure to walk into that shop.

His brother actually has the Carba-tec franchise in Perth both of them set up their shops(WOODSTOCK/Timbecom) at around the same time.

I usually walk in look around, don't see much that I like and walk out... that might give you some idea of what the place is like.

Actually a written complaint to the manager probably would not go amiss here venting your feelings at being treated in the manner that you have and it might get some degree of satisfaction for you.

Cheers
    Johnno

Everyone has a photographic memory, some just don't have film.

Sorry to hear of your plight Woodwould.

It's dissapointing to hear that this company has slipped so much, I used to buy mail-order stuff off them constantly 6-10 years ago, back then they were great, service was always 100% spot on.
    My how things have changed.

It is a pity their service has slipped so much. I also refuse to shop there. I tried to purchase a router safety switch during their recent sale. It went through on their website including payment. I then got a call 2 days later saying that they would not honour the sale because they had no stock available when I purchased it online. They then asked me whether it would be ok if I placed it on backorder at the higher price and could not tell me when it would be in. I had to control my laughter thinking this cannot be real. Maybe it is one of those radio prank calls! To top it off they then asked me if I still wanted the other products I ordered however, I would be charged additional freight for the item on backorder. Comical isn't it!!

The sad thing about all of this is that it hurts more than just them... situations like this put a lot of people of mail order/buying over the net.

Chipman

Thanks for telling us about all of this, WW.

As do many here, I imagine, I receive from Timbecom a regular e-mail listing specials, some quite good.

I shall not be buying from them in the future.

The orange machinery I brought from them was QC joke , the response I got from one particular over the phone had it been in person...
    I did eventually get through to management with brains and manners they compensated for my troubles, I still have all the machinery but I've had to do some serious work overs to get the machines to an acceptable standard.(safe and accurate)

But Im surprised to hear a brand name product be that bad from them, had plenty of good prices on products over the years, never had any Milescraft before though.

Quote Originally Posted by pugwash View Post
    Of course he couldn't attend to you PW he was talking to Woodwould about his router base.
    Reality is no background music.
    Cheers John

I have had problems also after this company changed hands, to the extent that I no longer deal with them, there are other company's around that actually want customers, and sell pretty much every thing that they supply

Maybe it's just me, but I do not like trials by media, however well intended they are. I cannot but wonder whether this thread would have gone this far had the "culprit" been a major sponsor of the forum.

A customer who receives bad service will tell twice as many as one who receives great service, when that business is closing the doors they still wonder why.

Up on the Sunshine Coast we have plenty of content arrogant business owners, whose doors will soon close.

Maybe it's just me, but I do not like trials by media, however well intended they are. I cannot but wonder whether this thread would have gone this far had the "culprit" been a major sponsor of the forum.

Good question?

In trying to learn a little about everything,
    you become masters of nothing.