Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

There's little anyone can do or say to alleviate your pain.

Just know we are all thinking of you.
    Boring signature time again!

Dear Cliff

I don't know anything we say on this forum can help you with your pain and the pain of his passing but remembering with the love of a great friendship you once both shared his passing will be easier to bare, Take care friend You have honoured his spirit with your friendship, and I will light a candle for that friendship and raise a glass in toast
    and may you both meet up at the Bridge and share good times again

Sincerely Bio

Signatures should be an evolving Machination

http://www.spearheadvibrations.com/video.html

Stay human

Cliff, as outback said, we're thinking of you, mate.

Same goes for you and your mate, Gumby.

Treasure the memories.

Regards...........Sean

The beatings will continue until morale improves.

I'm sorry for that mate - but perhaps an ending is better than continuing torment.

Cheers Cliff, go well! You too Gumby me ol' mate!

Sorry to here the news Cliff.

I know what it's like I watched my mother & to some extent my father die of cancer. It'd have to be the worst way to see someone you care about go.

My thoughts are with you, mate.
    Cheers

Major Panic

I didn't intend to hijack Cliff's thread or steal some of the thoughts but thanks anyway guys.

cheers.

WWW show tomorrow, we are still here and life goes on.

If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Default well add me to the list...

Cliff and Gumby, not wanting to take away anything from your grief either but i just got home today after attending the funeral of the wife of a good mate. she was fighting cancer since 1997 and passed away sunday night. She was a great lady and a fighter to the bitter end. It has been a tough day for me too, as i lost my own wife just over 3 years ago and that gave me too much of an insight into what was going on in my mate's mind and his kids as well, similar ages to mine. it was really spooky sitting there at the funeral, thinking back to when my own wife died and reliving the pain over again. hopefully over teh next little while i can help my mate find his way through the struggle

Geez Doug, that's a lot harder than losing a friend. But then again, the friend is somebody's wife or husband so others suffer and grieve at different levels and for different times. It effects us all in different ways but in the end, somebody has gone.

It's just a fact that we all face our time one day. The tragedy comes when the day arrives far too soon. My condolences to you and wish you strength in dealing with what you have to bear.

I think we all are touched by it sometime and probably more so in a forum like this where we are generally middle age and onwards. That's why we can only live on and enjoy whatever time we are given.

Make the most of it, hug somebody you love and live each day as if it were the last.

That's what all those who have gone would want.
    regards
    If at first you don't succeed, give something else a go. Life is far too short to waste time trying.

Default Thank you all.

Thanks for the kind comments every one. I don't mind sharing the thread with others. It is a relief to know that he is now in peace. It's not fair for a man who normally spent so much time outside working on boats to have been confined to a bed for the last 6 weeks.

Snip from the arrangements...

We are having a Celebration of his life at the Cairns Yacht Club on Monday... We will meet on the beach outside the club - so leave the black threads and formal wear behind and wear something tropical casual. Bring your memories, stories and any photos you may have. We can share a drink and tell tall tales and true of a legendary past and later retire to the clubhouse for nibbles.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.