Hi all,
Feel a bit out of my depth here, I am a chef...... so take it easy ! and basically we are having our Queenslander lifted and we are building in underneath in Rockhampton. Just had drawings done and are about to subit them to the engineer, we are in a lucky position in the sense that while works are being carried out we will not be in the house, if and I know it's a big if ! Things run fairly smoothly what time frame am I looking at ? Any ideas ?

We are having a deck on the back the full length of the house I have heard different views on wether to go to the max 8.5 Metres, we will get decent views. We are going to lock up stage and downstairs will be completed bit by bit, anybody else doing this. I suppose the thing I am most frightened of is the planning of the tradies ordering stuff windows, new kitchen upstairs etc. The biggest scare of all is being ripped off, up here in CQ tradies have been raking it in, inflated prices. However although it bucks the trend as far as renovating when the market is on it's @@@@, I feel we will get a more competative quote, and true value for money in terms of work done, and of course money is pretty cheap at the moment, is it possible to get a builder to quote on the first fix, ie exactly to what point you want to take the reno to.

Any help advice on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers
Gary

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...