Our range hood is currently venting into the cupboard which it is installed (previous owners!) – basically does nothing. I want to get it ducted obviously out of the cupboard and out the roof, rather than into the roof space, which is just as bad as the cupboard.

We have high ceilings and therefore the cupboards don’t go all the way to the ceiling so there is a 500mm gap between the top of the cupboards and the ceiling. The wall backs onto another room so I can’t vent it without going straight up. As I don’t really want to fill the void above the cupboards, the ducting will need to look decent.

I’m after ducting to run from the range hood in the cupboard, from the top of the cupboard to the ceiling (will be visible so needs to look ok) then into the ceiling and out the roof. Are there kits that are attractive, or alternatively do I use something like the following and somehow try to box it (not idea as it will look odd) or get some SS flashing made to cover it?

http://www.jpmark.com.au/index.php?m...548031867-4775

I can post photos if it helps?

Any opinions would be appreciated also difficulty of installation (which I assume is quite straight forward).
Regards, Darren

More...