Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567

Quote Originally Posted by apricotripper View Post

Don't worry about Bleeding thumb. He's just sexually frustrated.

Well being married for 10 years can do that to you.

ya poor bugger. can relate.

Default A letter. Wk plce Hars'm'nt.

I will be finally writing a formal letter to my CEO about panel saw persons malicious behaviour, on FRI.
    Today, again; he was openly declaring what he would do to stuff me up. Mant times he openly sais these things.
    Two others just laughed as he made his declaration.
    Ordering White board for tmmrrw knowing I have not time to unload it from the truck. I am very busy finishing off two great k'tchens for Mon morn. We have plenty white board till Wed nxt week. Bastard !.

Thankyou for all the great advice. I know your sick of me.

Tony.
    Don't pass them by! Be daring and caring!

Dampen their misery....sit with them and talk a little.

Buy them something to eat and a tram fare to a local mission.
    I'm so lucky that I've somewhere to live and have family support.

Only you know your employment prospects, so take that into consideration whatever you do. Most people need a job... I am not a lawyer or harassment expert, so if you find my advice is broken, you get to keep both pieces

If you can get another job easily, deliver an ultimatum in writing to the boss and the apprentice to cut it out or you're out of there. If they don't cut it out, Go get another job. Simple.

If you don't think you would get a job easily, you still have to do something, so for starters, start looking around. Plan to get another job. You might just find a better job with not much hassle, and then you can get out of the abusive situation and improve your lot. Changing employment is daunting, but getting out from under a cloud like this is important for you own well being.

In any case, start a diary of the events as they occur, and get ready to go see a workplace harassment official. Tell the boss and the apprentice what you are doing. Let them know you are sick of it, and you will take action. Best bet is to do this with a letter, delivered and explained to the boss by you in the presence of a witness (someone you know who is not an employee or close friend of the boss or apprentice). Tell the boss that you expect him to behave, and you expect him to control the apprentice's behavior as well. They may moderate their behavior, or it might get worse. The boss may try and sack you! You have to be prepared to carry out your threat in these cases, so don't start this if you are not prepared to follow through.

Ultimately, as soon as you start standing up to these bullies, you are going to change the relationship. It's not going to be nice. Things will get worse, and a lot of stress will happen, and you will have to be firm. You have to show them that you are stronger than them.

A new job is the easy solution.

Hope that helps!

woodbe.