Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

sorry you have been told a load of crap
    So how do I tell which Telstra employee is speaking crap? Or do I just assume that they all are?
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Quote Originally Posted by silentC
    So how do I tell which Telstra employee is speaking crap? Or do I just assume that they all are?
    It's easy ... you just believe the ones with the long pause when you first pick up the phone and the indian accent that follows
    Ramps

When one has finished building one's house, one suddenly realizes that in the process one has learned something that one really needed to know in the worst way--before one began.

sorry bout the shouting bit fixed that ... new to these forums ...

everyone is welcome to believe what they like unfortunatly telstra does have a bad track record and we suffer because of that .
    where i work for telstra in darwin we dont have any " little indian People " answering our telephones and in our part of telstra based in 5 cities across australia we employ 99% australian's that speak English really well !!!

cheers nate

lets not turn this thread into a telco bashing.... Nate = grain of salt mate...
    Zed

lets not turn this thread into a telco bashing
    Why not? You can't say they don't deserve it.

Here's another one: we had two telephone lines installed at our new house, one for us one for Mum and Dad. You would think it would be sensible for them to do both at once. Nah! They came and did one and a different guy came a week later and did the second one. $299 a pop to screw on a socket and plug in a phone. I asked the first guy wouldn't it make sense to do them both while he was there, you know, save the travelling time , economies of scale etc. He said he couldn't because his bit of paper didn't tell him he could. Common sense at work!

I tell ya, between telcos and the banks, there's bashing material for centuries.
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Nate ... not bashing ... just curious
    After swapping from Telstra recently ... mainly cos they couldn't give anywhere near as good a deal for DSL price/speed/capacity ... 400Mb compared to 12Gb etc. I had a fellow from Testra ring up at least twice a week for 3-4 wks telling us how good a deal I could get ... I had done the maths .... just couldn't shake him and could barely understand him ... 5 Cities ... hmmm ... Sydney, Melb, Canberra, Brisbane ... and Darwin obviously ... also obviously doesn't account for Perth or maybe my version of english just isn't the same??? ... that was only a couple of months ago.

Don't get me; wrong Like Silent says it's not that telstra is any worse than any of the others ... all banks are the same too.

And Nate ... grain of salt ... we might be proud of the work we do but we can't account for the decisions that some people in high places make ... smile, wear it, educate people where they are wrong (you can't change an opinion ... they're like a'holes ... everyone has one) and, above all, it's a big company and unless you're CEO it's mostly out of your control so don't take it personally.
    Ramps

When one has finished building one's house, one suddenly realizes that in the process one has learned something that one really needed to know in the worst way--before one began.