Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Stolen gear - Canberra

Hey all,

Don't know if this is the right spot.

But, I had my garage broken into last night and I have lost 90% of my tools, both hand and power. Lost heaps of other stuff (camping, bikes) too.

I will post a list of what went missing so if anyone sees it for sale, can they please let me know.

Thanks

Krico

Krico, I take it that you have reported it to the police, next step is to check the secondhand dealers. Were your tools marked?
    Pat
    Work is a necessary evil to be avoided. Mark Twain

krico, sorry to hear your misfortune. Have you taken a walk around the suburb and checked the parks, creeks, any industrial areas, basically anywhere some gear could be dumped if the thieves had 2nd thoughts about how useful the gear would be to them? ie; They may have decided to break in for the bikes and just couldn't help themselves when they saw everything else too. When they have get sick of carrying it they jettison some stuff they don't really want.

BTW, welcome to the forums. I hope that this doesn't stop you from participating in discussions.

prozac

Thumbs down Bloody hell!!!

Why do some people think they are more entitled to your things than you are?

I'm sure a lot of us have had stuff stolen but it's always a gut wrench to hear that it has happened to some other unlucky blighter.
    Hope the perpetraters are caught and you get your gear back krico.

Post a list of what was taken so we (locals) can keep an eye out for stuff too. We have a For Sale forum at work and I doubt anything will come up there... I will keep an eye out if I know what to look for.

Corbs
    It's only a mistake if you don't learn from it.

Thanks fellas. I did go for a walk this morning and found my bike helmet/shoes etc a few doors down. Went further afield this arvo and found some more stuff. But not a lot. Obviously had a car due to the amount of stuff taken but someone has taken the bike and offloaded stuff they were carrying.

Here is a list of the stuff if you can keep an eye open for it. There is probably other smaller stuff but these are the major items.

Air compressor 40L (blue)
    Bosch jigsaw
    Makita beltsander
    Hitachi 12v cordless drill
    GMC cordless drill
    Senco Framepro35 nail gun
    Swag (has a repair patch on one side), green and khaki
    Softie3 sleeping bag
    Teac dual screen DVD player
    Scott Sportster bike
    Rattle gun and sockets
    Coleman Hot Water on Demand portable hot water system and all the attachments
    Arc welder (little blue jobby) and helmet
    Kinchrome 1/2inch socket set (big set)
    Benzomatic blow torch
    Black Guess purse

Cheers,

Krico

That looks like too much for kids on bikes to steal.
    Mick

avantguardian

It is terrible mate. I feel so sorry for you.

We had our garage broken into a few months ago. It is the one when I store my timber. The timber in there worth around $3,000 - $4,000. Luckily they only took a few coins from the car. Apparently a number of garages were broken into at the same night. The police came and took some finger prints from our car the next day.

Now I lock my garage at all time and I should be doing more to secure the workshop.
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

Talking

Krico

Dont forget to check "crime converters" and also "all classifieds" associated with allhomes.com

www.allhomes.com.au

Although if you have reasonable insurance maybe you dont want it back

Quote Originally Posted by Wongo View Post
    It is terrible mate. I feel so sorry for you.

We had our garage broken into a few months ago. It is the one when I store my timber. The timber in there worth around $3,000 - $4,000. Luckily they only took a few coins from the car. Apparently a number of garages were broken into at the same night. The police came and took some finger prints from our car the next day.

Now I lock my garage at all time and I should be doing more to secure the workshop.
    Yep, it sure is ordinary. Police did bugger all, just took a list of what had been taken.

Quote Originally Posted by mat View Post
    Krico

Dont forget to check "crime converters" and also "all classifieds" associated with allhomes.com

www.allhomes.com.au

Although if you have reasonable insurance maybe you dont want it back
    Will be keeping an eye on it but I think it would not appear on something like this for a while.

Krico

[quote=Wongo;762349]

The police came and took some finger prints from our car the next day.
    quote]

Geeze Scott, when they process the prints I hope you don't get deported.

prozac