Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default UCI bike Race in GEELONG Yeyh

I just turned the TV on channel ONE They have the world UCI bike race timetrials on.
    It is in My City-Geelong- It comes up great.Nice open spaces-clean.In general Fantastic looking place.What do you think of it?
    Wide screen HD.The bikes have been shooting red lights and riding 4 wide and more on our open roads,but havent heard of them getting booked though.
    Google
    Back To Car Building & All The Sawdust.

For goodness' sake man, get out and do some woodwork!
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwould View Post
    For goodness' sake man, get out and do some woodwork!
    Woody.I would if I could.It is freezing in my garage.I Had an Aircon fitted 3 weeks ago today and guess what? it still isnt going.I am very PO t with it all.
    You have got me going now,I will phone again now.
    The garage is insulated,except for the doors (Next on list) but the wind is the trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE View Post
    Woody.I would if I could.It is freezing in my garage.I Had an Aircon fitted 3 weeks ago today and guess what? it still isnt going.I am very PO t with it all.
    You have got me going now,I will phone again now.
    The garage is insulated,except for the doors (Next on list) but the wind is the trouble.
    Ah yes, the Australian weather. It's currently 10.7° here and I've been in the shed with the door chocked open and wearing shorts and tee-shirt (I just popped in for a potty break and puter pit-stop).
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

I just turned the TV on channel ONE They have the world UCI bike race timetrials on.
    It is in My City-Geelong- It comes up great.Nice open spaces-clean.In general Fantastic looking place.What do you think of it?
    Wide screen HD.The bikes have been shooting red lights and riding 4 wide and more on our open roads,but havent heard of them getting booked though.
    Google
    Hi Aussie, Just been down to the corner to see some of the riders , can see more on tele with all the helicopters overhead, also the heaters on.
    About time you had that air con fixed . regards John.

Google
    I nipped down to the Geelong ghost-town today, parked, cheered a passing Khazak, and a Mexican, then engaged in a little work. Later I spotted half the Japanese road team dicing with the trucks on the main road, and left before it ended poorly.

However, there was one really wrong thing. All the UCI WC signs I noticed said that I was in Melbourne! There's going to be a lot of internationals amazed at how small and quiet Melbourne is

Default The Bike Races.

Hi to All,
    Yes I tried to get into the City of Greater Geelong, Vic. & failed miserably.
    Then went for a walk to see the local secondhand auction house, Closed.
    Watched the Workers??? putting the finishing touches to the Start, Finish line, & all I could see were these melbourne flags. I called out to one of the workers & told him he was in the wrong city.
    Couldn't hear his reply, But I bet it wasn't to kind in my favour.
    These melbourne signage flag things are everywhere, even on the TV Screen, & this so called World Event is in the City of GEELONG, VIC. not melbourne, that is some 50 + mins - 87 kilometres away. Nearly sick of it, before it has really started.
    Wife is not to happy either, as she has to go to the Showgrounds on Sat. Normally 11 K's, but looks like 30+ to get there, as she will have to go via the Freeway.
    Enough Said
    Regards,
    issatree.
    Regards,
    issatree.
    Have Lathe, Wood Travel.

Cant find any local that thinks it is a good thing.About as popular as a shark in a swimming pool.
    A good suggestion last night was-Seeing the State Gov.are so keen to makeout it is in Melb.-They should Have it in Melb and Stuff them for a week.

Cant find any local that thinks it is a good thing.About as popular as a shark in a swimming pool.
    A good suggestion last night was-Seeing the State Gov.are so keen to makeout it is in Melb.-They should Have it in Melb and Stuff them for a week.
    Agreed!!!!!! $&@%*€£¥

Default The Uci.

Hi All Geelongites & Dist.,
    I also agree, If they are going to advertise it as a melb. race, then have it in melb. & don't stuff up Our City of Geelong, Vic.
    Must admit though it looks good on TV.
    Regards,
    issatree.
    Regards,
    issatree.
    Have Lathe, Wood Travel.

I also have only seen Melbourne signs. there are good points though. Went to the Cremorne Hotel for lunch yesterday..... Usually packed to the gunnals but not yesterday we were the only ones there and for the hour we were there no one else came in.

Only 3 cars parked in Packington St where finding a park is almost impossible at the best of times. Believe it or not one of the 3 was parked in the bus stop. Derrr.

Traffic trying to turn left at Breakwater Rd was banked up for almost 3 km and that was at around 1 pm on Tuesday. Don't think it's cleared since. Took the daughter into Geelong Tuesday, for work and had to drop her almost 3 blocks away in the rain so she could walk. Geelong or the parts I saw of it, was like a ghost town. Businesses shut everywhere. Lots of parking available though.

The expected influx of a hundred thousand or more people seems to be a bit of a loaded story though. I've never seen the place so deserted. And they don't appear to be out on the track that I've seen in driving around.

However as my daughter keeps saying..... "You've known about it for weeks and weeks so stop bitching dad." She's right, as always.

Would be nice to see some Geelong signs though, especially as we're the ones being massively put out.

Come on guys...our own Cadel Evans was part of this event doing his best to defend his rainbow jersey.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Quote Originally Posted by issatree View Post
    Hi All Geelongites & Dist.,
    I also agree, If they are going to advertise it as a melb. race, then have it in melb. & don't stuff up Our City of Geelong, Vic.
    Must admit though it looks good on TV.
    Regards,
    issatree.
    Funny but from all the advertising I saw (mainly in bike mags) I thought the event was largely a Geelong thing.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

You Have Been in the Hills Too Long.
    You should get the Geelong paper today if you want to comment.

I don't see why I need to read the Geelong Newspaper...its not available in Adelaide anyway.

FYI there were a total of four courses at the UCI event:

1. The Elite Mens Road Race - Running from Geelong to Melbourne
    2. The Geelong Road race circuit - entirely in Geelong.
    3. The Time Trial Elite circuit - entirely in Geelong.
    4. The Under 23 Time Trial circuit - entirely in Geelong.

Four circuits - three of them in Geelong and the fourth starting in Geelong and finishing in Melbourne.

As I've correctly already stated...the event has been widely advertised in bike mags as a Geelong event and I stand by that assertion. Ive just done a quick Google and it was also widely advertised as a Geelong event on numerous sites.

Cheers Martin