Default needing help on bathroom renovations

hello, i am doing my first bathroom reno and i am wondering if anybody can help. i have two questions. 1 i have purchased a posh solus bath tub it has what looks like cut of pipes on the bottom. do i need to place the bath in a mortar mix and frame if so what is the best wood to use.
    i am also butting my bath up into a corner i have been told i have to recess the lip into the wall what if you have solid concrete walls how do you recess it. the old bath that i ripped out was just sitting on bricks, pushed up against the wall, selastic to stick it there and then tiled up to it.

it was not very nice hence why i took it out.

if anyone could give any advice or links or book titles i would be most grateful.

Default Posh Bath

Which bath is it ? I assume you mean a corner bath rather than a rectangular as Posh make both in the Solus range I believe. Is it a spa?

Have you spoken to the supplier/manufacturer? They have installation instructions for the bath that will tell you the acceptable methods of installation so as not to void the warranty.

If it calls for cutting into the concrete wall, then an good angle grinder will make short work of cutting a shallow trench. Will make short work of any hidden cables and pipes as well so check it out before you start cutting.

cheers
    Juan

"If the enemy is in range, so are you."

you can use treated pine for bath framing, hebel blocks are popular now too and are probably better.. you well need a sand/cement bed for the bath to sit on as well some guys are now using that foam o fill (foam in can) for this purpose... just make sure you fill up the bath with water if your going to do this & dont spray to much foam in

Treated pine will be OK for the frame, baths are usually notched into the wall about 10 or 15mm so they can be waterproofed with the wall and the tiles sit flush on the top lip, in a rendered wall you will have to chase it out.
    Sand and cement is the best way to go to bed your bath in and a little bycol helps with this. When you do this only fill the bath half way because as the sand and cement goes off it shrinks and the bath will 'pop' off the bed, fill it up too much with no support underneath and the tub may flex, and spring back to its otiginal shape once the water is drained.
    If you do use foam, check with the manufacturer as I have seen photos of the foam reacting with acrylic tubs leaving lovely blue blotches in it.
    Before you sheet and tile the frame make sure the waste doesnt leak.
    Also if you for some reason have a warranty issue with the tub they may deny it if you have used foam, they are a mongrel to get out.
    FYI.... Reece deal excluseivly in Posh bathroom ware so any Reece showroom staff should be able to help with any queries.
    Plumbers were around long before Jesus was a carpenter