Any pest experts out there?

I bought this door jamb set from Bunnings back about 9-10 months ago. I reinstated an old doorway when I was redoing the kitchen and put a new cedar/maple? jamb set.

Back about 6 weeks ago my wife swore she had vacuumed up sawdust and gave me a worried "is it termites" I told her not to be silly and that there wasn't any evidence of damage in the old timbers when I put the doorway and new gyprock in, and the new jamb, well it was new, right?....

Then I found a couple of holes in it this morning. So I ripped off the architrave (pre-primed MDF, I know, won't be buying that crap again, terrible to work with) and found another two holes below that.

So I ripped off the side jamb but could find no entry/exit holes anywhere from the jamb into the house timbers. There's also a hole next to the jamb in the floor but I swear that was there already and seems too big and perfectly round to be anything natural I think its where they drilled a hole for a cable or something. There's some smaller goles next to it but again, they look like a drill bit because they have slipping next to them where the bit looks like it tried to bite??

From the photos of the jamb does this look termite sized, it seems big to me but I'm no expert. What are borers? Haven't looked under the house yet but it seems like this pest is stuck inside the jamb anyway - there are no entry or exit holes?! Could bunnings be selling jamb kits with borers already in? should I be ripping out the head and other side too just in case?

I have a pest guy coming tomorrow to take a 5min look and quote on fixing the problem (if there even is one??)

Thanks

Attached Thumbnails

Read and reply to the full thread at RenovateForum.com....