Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Cut down invisigard/crimsafe doors

Anybody know if it's possible to cut invisigard doors and screens down to fit other sized doors and windows? We have just had two invisigard doors made for our sliding doors. Want to change one of the underlying sliding doors for a different door. The new door frame is 60mm shorter and 30mm narrower than the existing frame.

The back story is I wasn't thinking about the new screens which we had already ordered when this new sliding door came up on mplace. Was planning on filling in the gaps around the new door and redoing the trim and all would look fabulous. Then the screen door guy turned up with the new screens and the penny dropped...

So, to get me out of the poo with SWMBO, I need to get the new screens to fit the new door. Somehow.

Anyone?

What are the frames made of? Also stainless steel? Presumably they are hollow, and you will need to cover the cuts with a channel of some sort? Assuming the channel is 2 mm thick and wraps the edges, you'd be taking say 32 mm off top plus bottom, and taking 17mm off each side, will the frame retain rigidity, and will you have room for the locking hardware etc? Will the new channel/edge cover get in the way?