Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What HAS happened at Carbatec?

The last time I ordered anything from Carbatec in Brisbane, (it was a year or two ago) the service was so appalling I didn't think I'd ever go back. The stuff arrived two days after a package arrived from Lee Valley which had been ordered on the same day, and there were so many things wrong with the order I could have written a book.

Well never say never, I say.... yesterday afternoon with some trepidation I ordered a couple of things, and must I admit I was wondering which month they'd turn up, and what would be missing from my order.

Today, THIS MORNING, a little over 12 hours after placing my order, the goods arrived by express post, all present, well wrapped, and with a copy of the Catalogue enclosed.

Wow! If that's a reflection of how things are now done, the blokes at Carbatec have won me back!

Well done I say!

Cheers,

P

Sounds like they made a mistake
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

so, what you buy then ?

Just some stuff, some Silverglide and other gooey things.

Unfortunately, I've had my machinery uncovered since Christmas, and at the same time I've run out of all the necessary condiments. Big de-rust of all the horizontal surfaces coming up tonight.

In the sort of humid weather we've been getting, it takes about a week for a thin film of rust powder to start, within a month it's like someone has sprayed the cast iron with red dust!

Sometimes living at the beach can be a pain!

cheers,

P

Looks like we've got about four days of good weather to catch up on those jobs (like yours) that weeks and weeks of rain have caused.

Have never had a problem with CarbaTec (Bris) service/delivery wise, only with some of the prices
    Traba non folis arborem aestima

Quote Originally Posted by bitingmidge View Post
    Just some stuff, some Silverglide and other gooey things.

Unfortunately, I've had my machinery uncovered since Christmas, and at the same time I've run out of all the necessary condiments. Big de-rust of all the horizontal surfaces coming up tonight.

In the sort of humid weather we've been getting, it takes about a week for a thin film of rust powder to start, within a month it's like someone has sprayed the cast iron with red dust!

Sometimes living at the beach can be a pain!

cheers,

P
    Sounds you'd have it worse than I have it here.

I don't think its always practical to keep everything lubed up. And it starts on the back of blades where the shavings rip over, taking the oil away...the very place you don't want it rusting...and I'm always in too much of a hurry to oil them after use. Some days it seems to happen litterially overnight for me. Has been raining a lot here though.

Have you heard about buying camelia oil at coles ?

........ it takes about a week for a thin film of rust powder to start....
    It happens overnight here.
    I am at least 70Kms from the sea but about 30m below the clouds.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

BTW ripper, where does camelia oil come from (besides Coles that is?)

I bet you think it just grows on trees do you?
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Quote Originally Posted by apricotripper View Post
    Have you heard about buying camelia oil at coles ?
    That's not that cheap stuff that comes off the back of the blade is it?

I paid an enormous amount, but hey they were sending me other stuff. Lee Nielson charge $12.00 I paid more than twice that, the chinese grocer somewhat less as I understand it.

And Cliff, it's from the Camellia plant yeah? The tea bush?

P

Were'd all that flower business go.

Anyway, I was just trying to be helpful MIDGE !@#$%@#$%

uno, save a buck. (Or I know, maybe your loaded , and you don't need to save a buck )

A nice fella on this forum started a thread on it. 500mls of camela oil for 10 bucks at coles (in the weirdo healthfood section).

When the misses threwout a bottle of that spray and wipe. I filled the bottle up with the coles stuff and safety pined a rag around the nozel.

brilliant stuff. Doesn't leave a sticky a mess when it drys, and doesn't smell like an oil well. Tip of the year it is. Spray it on everything to stop your little rust problem.

Whats the difference between tea stain and rust colour?

BTW we have got the other humidity problem here in the UK, a week of frost and the stuff is coming out of the walls and ground, very rust forming.
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Quote Originally Posted by apricotripper View Post
    W
    A nice fella on this forum started a thread on it. 500mls of camela oil for 10 bucks at coles (in the weirdo healthfood section).

When the misses threwout a bottle of that spray and wipe. I filled the bottle up with the coles stuff and safety pined a rag around the nozel.

brilliant stuff. Doesn't leave a sticky a mess when it drys, and doesn't smell like an oil well. Tip of the year it is. Spray it on everything to stop your little rust problem.
    That's better than 30bucks for 300 mil by my quick maths. I reckon the Chinese grocers'll have it too, I'll check it out.

Thanks for the tip Jake! I'll reuse my expensive bottle when I run out this time. You're right though, it's nice stuff.

P

Quote Originally Posted by jow104 View Post
    we have got the other humidity problem here in the UK, a week of frost and the stuff is coming out of the walls and ground, very rust forming.
    Not to mention the salt on your roads.

I'd sure hate to have to wash the motorbike after every ride.
    Cheers, Ern

Wow! If that's a reflection of how things are now done, the blokes at Carbatec have won me back!

Well done I say!

Cheers,

P
    My past experience of Carba-Tec's mail order service is almost identical to Midge's. But I'm in Brisbane often enough to drop in for a browse and anything I might want (and even, sometimes, need )
    This week I decided to buy over the internet a few items from their sale. Placed the order Wednesday, got a confirmation e-mail straight back. Thursday an e-mail said they were processing the order which was delivered today, Friday.
    Now that's more like it C-T. Excellent service. I do hope that is now your standard.
    Brian

And it aint specific to Queensland Carbetex either... I had an order go haywire last year... easy order over the phone they HAD my info right in front of them on the computer (in the shop Im meant to be a "prefered customer" or such) and hello it disappeared!!!... apparently theres a Brunswick Junction over near some place called Preston in Victoria somewhere and instead of directing it to the Brunswick Junction in WESTERN AUSTRALIA or with the WA postcode it went to Vic!!... 2 weeks after ordering I rang "no mate you should have it by now check the post office" several calls later and they decided to send another this time to HERE... I got it finally but talk about dramas... wouldnt believe that they could have made a mistook it had to be the post office or some such but well all sorted in the end

Now Im a tad jittery about ordering from them over the phone again and I really do need a few odds and sods... I think Im gonna have to do a mad dash early one weekend as I sorta want them this year rather than next

nah really I like roadtrips and a quick jaunt up the other side of Perth aint so far well about 400 klicks but what the hell eh?... I kinda like Carbatex good mob... never seem to have just what I want but always seem find a way to separate me dosh from me wallet the buggars! Well its a long way to go to come back with nothin right?? RIGHT!!!
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!