Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Kitchen cupboard hinges.

Does anyone know where I can get some quality 270 deg kitchen cupboard hinges on or near Sydneys Nth Beaches. I only need 2 and dont feel like driving out to Wetherill Park etc as I have already been on holidays.
    Cheers

Behind that little door under the thicknesser...

Bunnings on Forestway & MonaVale Rd will probably have Blum kitchen cupboard hinges - my local one does.
    Ours is not to reason why.....only to point and giggle.

Thanks SBD, I didn't know blum was stocked at bunnies!
    I'll check it out but i recon they won't have 270 deg..... just me being cynical.

Behind that little door under the thicknesser...

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Thumb View Post
    Thanks SBD, I didn't know blum was stocked at bunnies!
    I'll check it out but i recon they won't have 270 deg..... just me being cynical.
    No I didn't know they stocked anything of quality either......I managed a pretty large double take myself.

As for the angle.....if you ask they'll say "we never knew such a thing existed, thankyou for letting us know. I don't suppose you can tell us what the product code is?"
    Ours is not to reason why.....only to point and giggle.

You could always use two pairs of standard hinges on a strip with magnetic catches. I don't know if you'd be happy with the look though.
    Or full overlay hinges on a hinged strip.
    More hassle than 270degree hinges, but cheaper I'd imagine. There's quite some engineering involved in a 270 hinge.

Quote Originally Posted by pawnhead View Post
    You could always use two pairs of standard hinges on a strip with magnetic catches. I don't know if you'd be happy with the look though.
    Or full overlay hinges on a hinged strip.
    More hassle than 270degree hinges, but cheaper I'd imagine. There's quite some engineering involved in a 270 hinge.
    Mate you have totaly lost me.

SBD I rang Blum Australia and they said yes some bunnies do stock them but not all stores...... Does not lead to confidence about range of the stock.

Anyhow I realised today that I have quite a few 270's (new Blum's) that I bought for the crn cupboards and I am sure that I stuffed up and ordered two too many.....Problem solved..well I'll know in a few weeks when I get the extra doors I need.

I got the glass splash backs today WAHOOoooooo. Pics to come .

Sort of like this: -

A lot easier just getting 270 hinges though.

i dont beleive that blum make a 270 degree hinge a 170 perhaps but not a 270
    kind regards
    tom armstrong
    www.kitcheninabox.com.au
    Flat Packed kitchens to the world

A pin hinge, or a wrap around would only cost a few bucks.

Those mechanical jobs cost a small fortune, but of course they look better being fully concealed.

Quote Originally Posted by arms View Post
    i dont beleive that blum make a 270 degree hinge a 170 perhaps but not a 270

Thanks arms, don't know where my head was at of course I meant 170.

Thanks also Pawnhead now that were talking 170 deg. its all a lot easier.

H&G usually stock standard 170 cup'bd hinges. Both cheap and nasties, or quality ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Bleedin Thumb View Post
    SBD I rang Blum Australia and they said yes some bunnies do stock them but not all stores...... Does not lead to confidence about range of the stock.
    I've bought Blum 170 degree hinges at Bunnings. They have quite a good range. They even have a display with sample doors showing how the hinge works when installed.

The Bunnings stores that don't have Blum are probably the ex-Hardwarehouse stores which are smaller than other Bunnings stores.

Bunnings also stocks some other brand of similar hinges which are a bit cheaper but don't have the clip.

through this forum we as people try to help out our somewhat naive or uninformed (should i say followers) probably not ! maybe the unknowing (but then again probably not) I will call them the "unknowing"
    i love them but only for their quest for knowledge ,
    rule 1
    .dont go to bunnings and ask advice from a pimply faced kid (male or female) about your project and expect a truly expert answer (surely logic should have kicked in right about then )
    rule 2
    ask for advice for someone older (i know that they (me included) would love to tell you how to go about your project for free.

rule 3 make up your own mind about the advice you have been given and pick and choose which suits you as right !

rule 4 never rag anyone for giving you advice because it is you that has taken or rejected the advice to use or reject
    kind regards
    tom armstrong
    www.kitcheninabox.com.au
    Flat Packed kitchens to the world

Quote Originally Posted by totoblue View Post
    I've bought Blum 170 degree hinges at Bunnings. They have quite a good range. They even have a display with sample doors showing how the hinge works when installed.

The Bunnings stores that don't have Blum are probably the ex-Hardwarehouse stores which are smaller than other Bunnings stores.

Bunnings also stocks some other brand of similar hinges which are a bit cheaper but don't have the clip.
    The Bunnies close to me has been a bunnies since day 1 and they do NOT stock Blum hinges but only what is packaged as Howard Silvers.
    My advice is to go to Lincoln Sentry and speak nicley to the person at the counter, and you will end up getting the Blum h/w at trade price.
    Regards
    Les

Les that goes back to my original thread... I didn't want to go to the other side of town.
    Lincoln Sentry used to have a stoe at Brookvale but closed it when they moved to that new place out west - makes it very inconvenient.

Is it just me or do others find the fact that it takes half an hour just to get served by their surley staff a real turnoff? This may be just a Sydney problem.