Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question guess who I had a visit from!

I am at present trying to "renovate" my home, things are in a real mess, paint flakes, plaster and dust everywhere...

Anyway, on Saturday last - I took my lady friend in to see the results of my handy work, As I entered the back door I caught a whiff of turps in the air, Funny I have'nt used ant turps in the last week, where is the smell comming from....

Well it appears I had a visit from the "Paint Fairies".. true.. Someone had let themselves into my house, painted 3 doors in enamel (thus the turps smell) cleaned up and let themselves out again.

Nothing else was touched, tools and crap left where it last was, doors all locked. Whom ever it was used their own paint and rollers and brushes.

When I arrived around 11:30 am, the doors had gone "tacky", indicating that the painting had been done earlier in the morning.

To date no-one has 'fessed up, I reported a "kinda" breaking to the police who where just as amused and baffeld as I was.

Anyway I am hoping that I get a visit from the Fairies again, it would certianly save me a heap of time and heart ache!
    I try and do new things twice.. the first time to see if I can do it.. the second time to see if I like it
    Kev

Weird!!!!

Did they paint them the colour you wanted? Did they do a good job? If they used their own paint and rollers, did they clean up and take them with them?

That is too strange but too cool! Perhaps you should leave milk and cookies out for them.

sf
    " I need direction for perfection."

Possibly wrong house but the right time.

Perhaps some poor sod is giving the painters a rev for not turning up and doing the job they were supposed to do.

Is this a new thng for you - loosing time Do any drugs... drink alot maybe...

Hmmm. The only fairy that visits me is the foul-up fairy - fairly regularly.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

It obviously wasn't Kev because the job was done properly, the brushes were cleaned up afterwards and the floor wasn't littered with dead tinnies

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by AlexS View Post
    Hmmm. The only fairy that visits me is the foul-up fairy - fairly regularly.
    So...he visits you too?
    Hooroo.
    Regards, Trevor
    Grafton

I hope you like the colour I selected.

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

Fairies, red wine, shearers cooks, sore bums...........oh dear
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by Brudda View Post
    I am at present trying to "renovate" my home, things are in a real mess, paint flakes, plaster and dust everywhere...

Anyway, on Saturday last - I took my lady friend in to see the results of my handy work, As I entered the back door I caught a whiff of turps in the air, Funny I have'nt used ant turps in the last week, where is the smell comming from....

Well it appears I had a visit from the "Paint Fairies".. true.. Someone had let themselves into my house, painted 3 doors in enamel (thus the turps smell) cleaned up and let themselves out again.

Nothing else was touched, tools and crap left where it last was, doors all locked. Whom ever it was used their own paint and rollers and brushes.

When I arrived around 11:30 am, the doors had gone "tacky", indicating that the painting had been done earlier in the morning.

To date no-one has 'fessed up, I reported a "kinda" breaking to the police who where just as amused and baffeld as I was.

Anyway I am hoping that I get a visit from the Fairies again, it would certianly save me a heap of time and heart ache!
    It was probably the neighbours, helpin ya to fix the joint up in the hopes you would sell .....and move .....anyways it was a great score mate here's hoping they return in the middle of the night and do some more

ha! - half your luck
    only fairy visiting my joint is the Foul-up fairy

Default Mighta been....

little johnny howard...
    he's looking for votes....

Kim.... more'n likely...

Quote Originally Posted by Bob38S View Post
    Possibly wrong house but the right time.

Perhaps some poor sod is giving the painters a rev for not turning up and doing the job they were supposed to do.
    That's my guess too. Painters aren't all that bright (comes from sniffing solvents) - damhikt
    If you never made a mistake, you never made anything!

Daddles, Smart @rse

Iain, your history NOT mine

I have run through many and varied theories, but not seem logical, the painters in the wrong house just dont wash, NO painter will let themselves into a house with out either the key OR the owner present.

The neighbours dont want me to go, they say I am the quietest person they have had there in years.

OH yeah and Shedhand.... I resemble THAT insult... I was a painter in a previous life.. well at least I THINK it was a previous life...
    I try and do new things twice.. the first time to see if I can do it.. the second time to see if I like it
    Kev