Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Sanding supplies??

Can anyone recommend a good, preferably online, supplier for various sanding materials (i.e. sheet and disc)??? I am finding it increasingly difficult to find discs in particular down to the kind of grades required for finishing (i.e. 400-2000 grit). The quality of sanding sheets stocked by the larger mainstream hardware stores seems to be going downhill too - looking for something better (SAIT, Hercules)??

One solution would be to bite the bullet and submit to the Festool urge, but I'm trying to put that off as long as possible. At the moment I have a range of cheaper sanding machines, requiring a variety of different hole patterns unfortunately.

Any suggestions much appreciated.

I can't help with the online sanding supplier, but for flat sheets, I go to Supercheap and get the wet N dry stuff, at $1 a sheet. That's the best and the cheapest Twmba has got in flat sheets. Needless to say, I buy lots when they have any sales on. That's fine for me, others may have better supplies.

I think I remember seeing an online Nortins somewhere though...... :hmm

cheers
    Wendy

Thanks Wendy - I googled and found a local Norton Abrasives site. Lots of pretty pictures, and I'm sure they have wonderful products, but they don't exactly make it easy to buy them online !!

I also came across a site for AIA (Australian Industrial Abrasives), but again they don't have enough information on grits, sizes, etc. to allow you to buy from them online. Only way would be to somehow extract a catalogue from them, then call up and place orders by phone....

Looks like there isn't an easy option. I just thought there might be some amazing distributor of abrasives, with an online ordering facility, that everyone except me knew about. It appears not.

Boxmakers brassware or Veneer Inlay Australia (don't have links on this puter) have a cloth backed sandpaper in 2 and 5m lengths, goes from 80 up to 400 grit. By no means the cheapest but by being very long lasting makes it cost effective.

Quote Originally Posted by Cruzi View Post
    Boxmakers brassware or Veneer Inlay Australia (don't have links on this puter)
    Here you go, linky
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

I found these guys have a good range of German and Korean papers for belts and orbitals,though they are mainly stock paper for commercial floor sanders
    hope its an option

Ian

http://sandpaperplus.com.au/home/index.php
    Last edited by Ian Wells; 27th October 2007 at 09:53 AM. Reason: forgot url

Thanks to all for your help !

Cruzi/DJ - I downloaded the abrasives catalogue from Veneer Inlay Aust., and it looks like they have some of the discs I am after (up to 400 grit anyway) to fit a Hitachi ROS. Also a very good site for boxmaking hardware, etc. !!

Ian - The Sandpaper+ site looks like a bit of a work in progress. They have some useful products, but don't seem to have any online ordering facilities. An excellent site for all your floor sanding requirements though, I agree.

Cheers

Basil

Hermes paper stocked here.

The beatings will continue until morale improves.