Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Makita LS1214 SCMS

Just paid $899 for the LS1214 at Bunnings. Bunnings had it for $999 special for a while up until last Thursday when it return to $1099.

Did a printout of Sydney Tool website special, LS1214 for $999 and present it to Bunning staff yesterday.
    http://www.sydneytools.com.au/shopexd.asp?id=995&bc=no

They honour their price gaurantee statement by beating the competitor price by 10%. Paid $899.10...Woohoo......!

I've also drop in at another bunning late yesterday and they still have the $1099 price tag on it.

So if you need one, quickly printout any tool shop website with cheaper price and get in quick for the price gaurantee. It wont be long before big 'B' put it up as special again for $999.

I did the same 3 years ago.

You got very lucky. Bunnings rarely price match with Sydney tools, particularly with internet printouts. They claim that Sydney tools do not have the stock in store, and so this does not apply. I recall several forum posts discussing this.

This is a great saw. Hope you enjoy it!!

Cheers,

Tom

Which bunnings store did you go to TomH?

I had the same result as TomH, Bunnings wouldn't recognize Sydney Tools pricing. Got the saw at Gas Weld for $900 though.

Rick

Bunnings won't recognize the pricing for most independent dealers. They do however mark off Total Tools, Mitre10 & other major chains.

I got mine from Alexandria. They also price matched on a dewalt planer, before they stopped matching from sydney tools. Sometimes I think it is luck of the draw with which operator you get.