Thread: Made my day !

Thumbs up Made my day !

Yeah too bad for him. His disability claim is probably fraudulent too
    How much wood could the woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck could chuck wood?

Congratulations must go to the cops and prosecutors.

Too many times we hear of scum getting away with crimes due to some ridiculous technicality in the law.

I do think that anyone who got caught by this scam would have to be a bit thick all the same.
    - Wood Borer

Quote Originally Posted by Wood Borer
    I do think that anyone who got caught by this scam would have to be a bit thick all the same.

True. I think he deserves the 5 just for the spam element :mad:

Craig,

I agree. The article indicates he was gaoled for the fraud rather than clogging up networks. The clogging to me is the greater crime but it looks like he got off scot free on that one.
    - Wood Borer

I am glad someone has been bought to task over these scams, however I also feel that the people who responded to these emails should be jailed for stupidity as well!
    I try and do new things twice.. the first time to see if I can do it.. the second time to see if I like it
    Kev

Drop Bear Capital of Gippsland (Lang Lang) Vic Australia

This explains why I haven't had a lucrative offer of $XXXXXXmillion dollars recently, bugger, I was al set to join up too.
    Who knows, some of his new friends may also have been victims of his fraud , in which case his disability pension will be warranted.
    Stupidity kills. Absolute stupidity kills absolutely.

Iain,
    Please give me youremail address and I will the get rich quick scams as they hit my mailbox
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

oops .. left out the SEND
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

For those who can afford a day or two to be thoroughly entertained, a trawl through this website : http://www.ebolamonkeyman.com/
    can produce a very satisfying result.

If I may quote the disclaimer:
    Quote Originally Posted by EbolaMonkeyMan
    ATTENTION: **This site is dedicated to all the hardworking people who have either been scammed or annoyed by a Nigerian 419 Scam Artist. *My intention is not to offend anyone. *OK, that's a lie. *My intention is to offend anyone who will sink low enough to take advantage of a hard working person. *I love all people, except those that cause pain. *If you are not a scammer and find this page offensive, use your head and please do not add it to your favorites section. Oh, and relax, it's all in good fun.

There was another very satisfying story last week...a bloke received one of the Nigerian scam emails, and convinced the sender that he was a priest in a fictitious order. Because he had no money of his own, he needed some cash to establish an account to transfer the order's funds into. He finished up getting some money out of the scamster, as well as costing him money in funds transfer fees. Makes one's day, doesn't it.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Another site to check out is http://www.scamorama.com/

It has many accounts of people scamming the scammers.

hey hey

to add my 2 cents worth or 5 cents now days.
    I worked in the finance industry not so long ago and had a little old lady aproach me for a loan, she owned her own home and was on a invalid pension.
    to cut a long story short.
    she had loaned 5k from a bank (i wont mention wich one) 2 days prior and paid this company the money (the bank didnt ask what the funds were for they should have!)

anyway she approached me for another 10k
    when i asked her what the money was for she was a bit sheepish but after some tricky secret questions she told me that a US company was going to give her 100k but she had to pay the expences to get the funds into Australia
    she had a CERTIFICATE she downloaded of the web with her after looking at it i asked her if she was sure it was all ok and said that i would not help untill she was sure it was .

2 days later i got a call of thanks it was a scam she called them and asked questions and they started fumbleing the ball wich tipped the client off.

so she had phone contact and a certificate i can understand that it may suck people in. these people were talking legal eagle stuff to her i.e our lawers will look after that you just pay them this is there firm.

so the end resault was she done herself out of 5k ( i think due to the slackness of the bank she approached if they did there job under the consumer credit code to prove tangable benifit then she probably would not have a 5k debt to pay back!

I would not call this lady stupid (she lived at home by herself was quiet old and probably brought up in a world where you can leave your car unlocked at night.

anyhows thought i would share that as thats probably the sort of peoples that get caught by them scams.