Question Screed, membrane and 800x1200 shower tiling.

Love this forum, tiling mob supplied me with wrong glue and I would have had tiles falling off if I didnt read one of the other posts.
    Anyway lots of questions. When laying a screen what is the minimum thickness(intend to add bondcrete to mix) also can I just buy the 20kg bags of either sand/cement mix from bunnings or their motar mix dont really want to get a half of cubic metre of sand delivered to mix my own. Can the screed go straight on top of ceramic tile underlay or should it be prepped first.
    Also I see my waterproofing instructions and all the advise here is to join the wall sheets to the floor sheets via bondbreaker, the bathroom I just pulled apart had the bond breaker joined to the bottom wall plate and the floor with the wall cement sheets overlapping them. (isn't this more sensible). Finally the biggest problem I have a 1200mm x 800mm freestanding shower and yes the centre of the shower is right on top of a joist which cant be moved as the next joist is in a first floor stairwell. The wife actually wants the drain in one corner 30cm out on a diagonal line., using one of those smarttile drains where you have a small piece of tile cut and glued into a 13cm square insert as the drain. The floor tiles are 330mm wide ie 460 diagonal. Any suggestions of a pattern to lay them. Thanks in advance for any assistance.

I'm not very experienced in this area although about to under take something similar very soon.

I would recommend the James Hardie Website they pretty much answer your questions.

http://www.jameshardie.com.au/Produc...cTileUnderlay/

All fairly straight forward.

I have never added bondcrete to the mortar mix but some mixture from ASA megalastic

Probably the same stuff.

I was told you could go to 10mm but would need to double check.

You should be able to buy bags of the cement screed, I have previously.

As for the tile pattern just lay a few around and see what think.

Good Luck

Pulpo

I'm not very experienced in this area although about to under take something similar very soon.

I would recommend the James Hardie Website they pretty much answer your questions.

http://www.jameshardie.com.au/Produc...cTileUnderlay/

All fairly straight forward.

I have never added bondcrete to the mortar mix but some mixture from ASA megalastic

Probably the same stuff.

I was told you could go to 10mm but would need to double check.

You should be able to buy bags of the cement screed, I have previously.

As for the tile pattern just lay a few around and see what think.

Good Luck

Pulpo