Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default iPhones - Are they just a wank?

My beloved Motorolla V6 has finally expired and my kids and just about everyone else is telling me to get an iPhone. Trouble is the iPhone doesn't use an SD card (or so I've been told) and it's going to be a PITA to put all my contacts into the new phone also my photo's etc. I've also been told iPhones don't link via bluetooth to other phones.

Are they worth getting, what are the alternatives?
    To grow old is inevitable.... To grow up is optional

Confidence, the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.

What could possibly go wrong.

I have an iPhone and its the best phone I've ever had and I've had many smartphones all the way back to the Revo and original XDA.

If you can get your contacts into Outlook you can sync them to the iPhone using Google.

Dunno about why it wouldn't link with Bluetooth to other phones.

16gb or 32gb is heaps for me to handle all the music and data I need.

The form factor, touchscreen and the Apps you can download make it useful all day every day.

I'm not a fan of Apple but cant deny this is a great phone.

Cheers,

Dan

John all depends if you want lots of things you may never use or a phone for people to call you and you to call back,
    Jim Carroll
    One Good Turn Deserves Another. CWS, Vicmarc, Robert Sorby, Woodcut, Tormek, Woodfast
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds!

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

iPhones do all sorts of stuff that has little relevance to this thumb flattened woodworker. I confess that I've learned to appreciate SMS (in English, not SMSlish) but all my phone does is tell me the time, make phone calls and send SMS messages. For me, an iPhone would be an utter wank. However, if you have a use for enough of the guff to justify buying the thing, why would it be a wank?

Richard

If you're young and so socially inept that you cant string a few words together in order to communicate verbally with another human being then definitely get an iPhone. You can communicate with your buddies without ever having to move your lips....even if theyre in the same room as you are.

Cheers Martin

PS Not anti-Apple...I own an Apple Mac and love it.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Quote Originally Posted by kiwigeo View Post
    ...I own an Apple Mac and love it.
    Thereby blowing his credility out of the water

Richard
    sorry Martin, you left yourself open to that one

oo oo, could we turn this into a Mac vs Winblows thread? 'd love that, he hasn't had one in ages

Quote Originally Posted by Daddles View Post

oo oo, could we turn this into a Mac vs Winblows thread? 'd love that, he hasn't had one in ages
    Yes please

- I could do with a good laugh as the Windoze people go Blah Blah Blah

Mac versus Windows war....a waste of time. It's like arguing which State Beer is the best. Just for the record I live in SA and I think the beer here is cr*p.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

If you use your phone to make er..... phone calls, then you don't need an iphone.
    I've got a tradie's nokia which has more gadgets than I could ever remember but i never use em. But it's rough and tough and doesn't mind being dropped on concrete so I'll hang on to it as long as i can. Don't think they make em anymore.

"The training of the eyes to know when an edge is perfectly straight or a surface is flat, free from winding, and straight, is a very important part of a lad's training."

Well call me a wanker (there's an invite for you all) I've just aquired a new iPhone. Pretty impressed so far, they do take an SD card (don't know what the salesman was on who told me thay don't) so no problem with contacts. Apparently they don't do bluetooth to other phones to stop people swapping Apps.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy John View Post
    Well call me a wanker (there's an invite for you all) I've just aquired a new iPhone. Pretty impressed so far, they do take an SD card (don't know what the salesman was on who told me thay don't) so no problem with contacts. Apparently they don't do bluetooth to other phones to stop people swapping Apps.
    Oi, he's hijacking the thread and trying to turn it back to the original topic

Have fun with it mate (it's got to be good for something)

Richard

They are semi-wank.

I had a play with one, its useless for me as my finger tips are huge. Its too slow to actually use efficiently.

I got a htc dream on my business cap. Set up my business email on it.

Its touch screen + it has a full qwerty keyboard, so it doesn't take 50 miss types and 3 hours to write an email or quick reply to an sms.

The rest of the features are the same, gps tracking with maps and access to the android market of apps.

Much better phone IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy John View Post
    ..a 58 year young yuppie

Quote Originally Posted by wolften View Post
    ..a 58 year young yuppie
    Without the ponytail .