Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default flooding in Brissie

We've had 330mm here in the last 2 days, got a splash of water in the house due to a stoopid blocked storm water pipe, but otherwise have been unscathed. The pony club copped it again though, the paddocks are right under and I'd say we've lost all our jumps and the arena. All the horses are OK though. Some might remember those logs I split a while ago, they were down under one of those treelines, under 2-3 m of water. I'd say they aren't there anymore I'm glad that's the worst of it and I'm thinking of those who've got worse stories.

Cheers
    Michael

I fly in tomorrow morning, I've booked a ute to pick up at the airport & then drive to Elimbah via Morayfield.... 2 questions...
    1. Should I bring a snorkel?
    2. Will my GPS work under water?
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

I got stranded on the wrong side of a flood on Stafford Road on the way home. I wasn't about to attempt a crossing so I pulled on to the footpath and spent half an hour watching people drive into it and come to a spluttering halt.

Michael

"The training of the eyes to know when an edge is perfectly straight or a surface is flat, free from winding, and straight, is a very important part of a lad's training."

Quote Originally Posted by Cliff Rogers View Post
    I fly in tomorrow morning, I've booked a ute to pick up at the airport & then drive to Elimbah via Morayfield.... 2 questions...
    I'd be hiring a boat, not a ute

Bring a cardy too Cliff, the wind is a bit chilly.

Cheers
    Michael

Cliff,

The rain has stopped now. I think you will get here ok.

Rocker

Still raining here on the northside not too far from the airport.

"The training of the eyes to know when an edge is perfectly straight or a surface is flat, free from winding, and straight, is a very important part of a lad's training."

...pick up a tarp and ropes

Glenn

Cliff,

I have black polythene sheet to cover the saw with. But only showers are forecast for tomorrow. I think you will be OK. But you need to check whether the Bruce Highway is open all the way to Caboolture. The Caboolture River caused the southbound lanes of the highway to be closed today. I am not sure of the current situation. The road from Caboolture to Elimbah was clear this afternoon.

Rocker

Quote Originally Posted by Rocker View Post
    Cliff,

The Caboolture River caused the southbound lanes of the highway to be closed today. I am not sure of the current situation. The road from Caboolture to Elimbah was clear this afternoon.

Rocker

yep south bound still closed as of the news on channel 7.
    Dave,
    hug the tree before you start the chainsaw.

Heavy Showers on Monday and Tuesday, constant downpour here for last 24 hours and forcast to continue for another week, we are lucky however, places like Gold Coast seem to flood on 1/10th the rain we get and they are only just up the road.

The last time it flooded here, we had 26 inches of rain in 18 hours and a King tide at the same time, within 48 hours it was gone and unlike most flood waters, we simply had rainwater that had no place to drain too, very clean and hardly any mud to speak of.

Here is a pic of the Caboolture River flooding Morayfield Road near Centenary Lakes: http://news.ninemsn.com.au/slideshow...nname=qldflood I think that the water level usually drops fairly quickly once the rain stops.

Rocker

It's still hosing down here in Kenmore. The rain gauge now says 244mm today, 190mm at 4pm and most of those last 50mm has fallen in the last half hour I reckon. It can stop now please.

Cheers
    Michael

270mm now. I've been fighting to hold back the waters out of the workshop, but have given up, thrown everything up on blocks, bench, timber etc and just let the water flow through. It's forming a nice little river in the back door and out the front door without doing any damage.

Cheers
    Michael

All set, I'm actually staying with my sons at Brendale, just near the Strathpine station.
    They work for a company who deliver stuff all over Brissy.
    I'll call them after 10 am to see what they know after their first courier has made his run to Caboolture & north.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Cliff,

There is an online map showing which roads are flooded here: http://maps.google.com.au/maps/ms?hl...ce335bb6e346f4 .
    It looks as though the closure of the Bruce Highway is north of the Caboolture exit, so you should get through to my place OK.

Rocker