Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default How long does plaster glue last?

Once you open the container how long does the jointing compound and conrnice cement last?

Also how much of this material should I buy? I'm renovating my home and will be doing mostly small jobs like changing the position of a door, enlarging windows, removing sections of a wall and building another gyprock wall about 3m long.

Another question I'm going to move my kitchen. Do I need to remove the normal gyprock from a wall and install the Aquachek gyprock if I'm going to put in a kitchen? Will the normal gyprock be ok or is it really important to put the Aquackedk stuff in?

Thanks
    Steve

Cornice cement comes as a powder and should last ages if you keep it in a dry place. Premixed joint compound will last months at least if you seal the container up properly. A tip though, clean the walls of the container off after you finish a session and put a piece of plastic film over the remainder. Otherwise the stuff on the wall dries and if that gets mixed in with the fresh stuff when you next set a wall, you will have a miserable job of it.

You could use aquacheck on the sink splashback area if you want. But really you can use regular gyprock if your splashback is properly installed and sealed.

Cheers
    Michael

Thanks Michael

I guess the next question is how much of the jointing compound should I get? I realise it's difficut to answer if you don't know the size of the job. I think it comes in 20kg buckets. Would one bucket do a whole new house?

Thanks
    Steve

depends on the size of the house and how good you are applyng it! Get a 20kg to begin with. It's more economical than lots of small tubs anyway.

Cheers
    Michael

Thanks Michael It gives me a starting point anyway.