Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default xxxxxxxx quality - you decide

Being a casual peruser of the woodwork forums, I figured I would give the woodwork forums guys a "heads up" on a recent purchase. This machine is an engine crane built to lift 1.45 tonne. Without saying anything particular, I will let the photos speak;

so what exactly are u saying? its built crap?

Just out of interest, what did you pay for this Engine Hoist.

If it was less then $500, then you paid for a product built to a price.

If you're after top quality, expect to pay at least $2 or $3k.

I made one to order once, was specified to lift 2ton and hydraulic ram was top quality Australian made and it cost client around $3 or $5k for the whole unit from memory and this is going back around 12yrs or so.
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

acmegridley Guest

Made in China perhaps

Doesent look like anything is together straight or square.
    Welds dont look very good.
    No washers on the bolts between the the bolt and nut.
    "All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing"
    (Edmund Burke 1729-1797)

Thumbs down

A point I feel that is never discussed with these sorts of issues is the safety aspect. Nothing built like that in Australia would be allowed to leave the factoryand yet, because of the stupidity of the free trade idea we are able to buy garbage made OS.

I_wanna_Shed is offline Now I've got a 10x14m shed! I need a new name...

I don't mean to jump to conclusions but Super Cheap Auto comes to mind. I cringe whenever I see their car axle stands advertised for the super hot price of $20.

I'd never get underneath a car supported by axle stands that have just enough flimsy pressed steel in them to be designed, manufactured, shipped, distributed, marketed and sold at a profit for twenty dollars.

Its no coincidence I've seen recall ads in the papers for these same axle stands on multiple occasions.

I've gone off topic, but when it comes to lifting heavy weights (or more critically, being underneath heavy weights), as they say, buy the best you can afford.

Nathan.

Sure, it is built to a price but this is bordering on dangerous as one member stated. I paid close to $500, when others were selling from $300 to $500. I have not checked the build quality on the other items so cannot comment. All I can say is that the 1) manual is a joke (has #? for the washer and many nut and bolt part numbers - obviously a cheap translation from Chinese with zero proof reading and checking). 2) There are no washers with the kit even though they are referred throughout. 3) Bolts are mis-labelled in that part numbers do not match up with items. 4) The welds and materials are unprofessional and not what one would expect from a company that publically states that they produce great quality tools and equipment.

One thing that disturbs me is that for some reason the vendors name is censored. Why is this so? There is nothing defamatory about this. The community has the right to know that this company is producing items that have extremely poor workmanship.

Quote Originally Posted by Spv View Post
    One thing that disturbs me is that for some reason the vendors name is censored. Why is this so? There is nothing defamatory about this. The community has the right to know that this company is producing items that have extremely poor workmanship.
    House Rules

Not only but also......the companies lawyers don't ring you....first they ring U-Beaut.

Now I have a question......isn't there an Australian Standard for this type of lifting gear?
    We don't know how lucky we are......

as they say u pay for what u get, if its made in china, tiwan or overseas expect to get garbage stuff like that i would try to get australian made atleast u will get au standards of ticks which u know has reached the standards as overseas god knows what standards they have. Stuff like this i would rather go and purchase in person where i can inspect before buying as online products are some times rubish and much more harder to exchange or refund, seems to meu didnt do ur homework b4 purchasing this hoist lift!!!

Quote Originally Posted by seanz View Post
    House Rules

Not only but also......the companies lawyers don't ring you....first they ring U-Beaut.

Now I have a question......isn't there an Australian Standard for this type of lifting gear?
    As mentioned, there is absolutely nothing defamatory or misleading about what has been posted. There is no need for censorship. If the moderator is upset with the material workmanship of the product and feels damage will be done to the reputation of Kincrome by identifying them as the vendor, then we should invite Kincrome to post an official response. Kincrome is selling these products under their name. The product was purchased from one of the largest Kincrome dealers in Australia. If Kincrome are worried about damage to their reputation, they should do a recall on the product and fix the quality issues.

While most of us on this forum are likely to have the intelligence, interest and training to differentiate between good and poor quality (which is not always directly correlated with price or country of origin), the disturbing thing is that our consumer laws allow something like this to be imported and sold to an unsuspecting public.

It will most likely be a poor, less educated, less endowed family whose children will loose their daddy in a home accident because one of those fails. Surely the public deserve to be protected by the law so that anything legally bought here can be relied apon to be safe. We certainly pay enough taxes to support our multiple levels of government and all their agencies - what are they doing?

I would take it to the Consumer Protection and other relevant agencies quick smart and try to force a recall and ban on the importer and retailer.

Quote Originally Posted by I_wanna_Shed View Post

Its no coincidence I've seen recall ads in the papers for these same axle stands on multiple occasions.
    You must read more newspapers than me.
    So many ideas........so little skill........

If you are not happy with the quality, return it for a refund and point it out to the manager of the store.
    For all we know that is to Aus standards. Seanz asked
    Quote Originally Posted by seanz View Post
    I'm sure there is a standard but unless you know what it is you can't announce that something is not made to the standard.
    I suggest you read the forum rules again.

I and the other administrators and moderators have had a gut full of hassles caused by a few numbskulls. From now on if you want to make a big statement, base it on fact, if you want to pick a fight, make sure you can handle what comes back your way, if you wish to denigrate or slander a business or person be prepared to get sued. I am washing my hands of these matters and so are all our administrators and moderators.

Objectionable posts will be deleted and repeat offenders and antagonizers will be banned. If you have a problem with this please feel free to leave these forums and go wreak havoc elsewhere.
    Those were the droids I was looking for.
    https://autoblastgates.com.au

I would have thought the first thing to do would be to go back to where you purchased it and ask for another or a refund. Not come on here with it.

Fair enough to let people know there's rubbish out there on the market but if you pay for rubbish that's what you get. Back in the 60's my dad used to say to me, "You get what you pay for son, buy cheap buy twice." That saying still holds true today.

If it were mine it would have gone straight back for a refund. Then again I can afford to pay more so would have purchased a decent one in the first place.

Darky
    Evil to the bone. But really cute.