Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default decision's made (I think)

Buying a big bandsaw. I've looked into Leda 18" and seen the JET, Socomec, Sircar, Centaur, Carbatec and Mikway ranges and the Hammer n4400.

I've settled on the Mikway 20" at $2500 inc. It's a heavily engineered beast at 265kg, has a huge table compared to all the others, round bar fence guide and cast iron fence and mitre fence. Has a foot brake, not an electronic braking system. A good sound robust machine without the frills and a primer-green colour scheme to match.
    The Leda and Carbatec ones didn't have the build level I was looking for and are about 120kg light than the Mikway. The Socomec is too heavy in the price department as was the JET. The Hammer was the only other serious contender. I have to get a sparky in to add another circuit for either of them so that didn't decide it for me, but the Hammer was a bit more expensive and quite a bit smaller than the 20". So it's the Mikway.

Cheers
    Michael

Michael,

Where do I find a Mikway bandsaw? A Google search reveals nothing. Who imports them?

Regards,
    Mark

For that matter, where on earth do you find a Socomec, Sircar, or Centaur bandsaw?

Cheers
    Mark