Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Small Diameter Red Cedar Logs to Give Away.

I grow Red Cedar trees on my farm along with much more other species. Occasionally one dies or is damaged or needs to be thinned out. Naturally I’d prefer to sell them but unfortunately I haven’t found anyone who is willing to pay so until then, I am happy to give them away. I would also have some other species such as Hoop Pine, Silver Ash, Red Ash, Native Olive and Gympie Messmate. If I cannot find anyone who has a use for these small logs, my eventual plan will be to saw them up with my long planned for one man sawmill. If the wood is stable enough, small diameter logs can be sawn. I once used to work for the Department of Forestry before it was sold/given away and they used to sell Hoop Pine logs down to an incredible 4 inch top diameter for sawing up at the local sawmill and I intend to do the same where possible. These logs are up to about 8 inches in diameter. I live close to Gympie if you are coming this way .

Bob Any chance you could donate them to a schoolo. I know a school at Woodford that would love to get such groovy timber. Damien.
    I'm a dancing fool! The beat goes on and I'm so wrong!!!!

Hi Bob
    I'd be interested in some red cedar, how long are the logs . I'm on the sunshine coast and would be willing to come up as long as there is enough to make it worth the drive.
    Kind regards Mac 1

Yes, a school would be most welcome to contact me. Many years ago, when I was in primary school, we made somethings out of Red Cedar as a special project using small pieces of wood. I even still own it.

I can also add Qld Maple to the list as I found a dead small Qld Maple today. I will go and cut it tomorrow and snig it back to the house.