Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default My new deck ( construction pics)

Hey all thought I would just share some pics of my first deck

I extended an existing deck out the back door of my house, to cover an ugly paved area that over the years had started to lift etc.

Before the area was useless as the existing deck was too small to entertain on and the multiple levels made it difficult....

I used treated pine throughout (dont cringe ) so it would tie into the existing decking and due the fact it was being painted (this was necessary to tie in the new deck, the old deck and the concrete landing) treated pine was the best option....

Made about 15m2 of decking into about 40-45m2

Much better now, dont ya think

Cheers
    Joel

Bearers and posts in:

Joists on:

Finished:

Stairs:

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

Different angle:

Bearers and posts in:

Joists on:

Finished:

I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car.

now that's a vast improvement on what was there, nicely done.

Thanks pope,

Yer Im pretty happy with the way it turned out.

You Gotta love digging post holes in Canberra clay that hasnt seen rain in 30 years (under old paving) LOL.

Only thing Im dissapointed with is the colour of the decking paint. It was supposed to be a match with the fence colour but they didnt quite get it right. The colour it is now tends to mark easily.

No big deal really, I will just re paint the deck surface next spring.

Last time my shovel saw service was a few years ago when I lost my dog. I gave up after a couple of hours and 1" in, went and grabbed a mates kanga and even with that it took two of us 3 hours or more to get down a couple of feet.

Your fence is green and deck is blue, you're not even close mate

Quote Originally Posted by ThePope
    Your fence is green and deck is blue, you're not even close mate
    Fence is actually a colorbond colour (summershade) which is a light beige colour.
    Apparantly wattyl have formulaes for all the colourbond colours so they are an exact match (for solaguard anyway). Obviously this is not the case with their decking paint (although I was told it was), either that or the fools at the paint store stuffed up.
    The paint actually looked perfect in the tin, until it was applied and dried of course.....

The deck is actually a light greyish colour now (looks bluer in the photo for some reason). But yer isnt the same colour as the beige fence:mad: