Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0
Page 1 of 7 123456 ... LastLast

Default How often do you have a bath?

No, I'm not interested in your personal hygine but I do wonder how often you use that tub shaped thing in your bathroom.

The reason I ask is that we are going to be renovating our bathroom next year and we are going to have to include a bath in there.

Now, we shower every day but I can't remember the last time either of us had a bath. If it was up to me I'd just delete the bath and thereby save the space and the dollars of including one.

However, in the future when we go to sell the house the fact that it didn't have a bath will count against it.

Sure, if you have kiddies (under say 9?) you need a bath but the thing is that our place probably wouldn't appeal to people who had young kiddies anyway.

So enlighten me. When was the last time you had a bath?

(One of the reasons I don't like them is because I'm not big on sitting in my own dirty water. :eek: )

We haven't had a house with a bath in it for over six years.

I can think of a million better things to be doing that sitting in a tub of tepid soapy water watching those big bubbles mysteriously appear every ten minutes or so! :eek: :eek: :eek:

P

Get rid of the bath. They are only used for young kids as you have said. Use the space to enhance your bathroom.

Last time I had a bath I was in the UK (about 1991) :eek: . Poms seem to value tubs over showers . Otherwise, always a shower. We are getting ready to reno our bath and plan to replace the tub with a large shower, complete with sitting bench. We have a tub in another bath, so good enough.
    Cheers,

Bob

Thumbs up Don't throw out the b/tub with the water

G'day CraigB,

Let's just say the last time I had a bath I wasn't alone.

Seriously, if you're doing a reno and looking to sell down the future and as you've already said said it's a positive for families with kids under 9. My little girl (11 months) has a bath every 2nd day, a wash every other.

So throw it in and and could be good for a young family looking through it when you come to selling.
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

We now use ours a lot with 4 grandkids all under 3 year old, and being a two person spa bath proberly gets used 2-3 times a month by adults.
    If you do go with just a shower those water towers with three or four indivudial shower heads look the goods , a mate has one and swears by it

Rgds
    Ashore

The trouble with life is there's no background music.

2 years ago!!
    Our bath is outside, and is only used on a clear frosty night in the depth of winter, when we can sit it hot water up to our necks and star gaze. Port helps too.
    Our shower is open, about 5 times normal size on a 300mm plinth covered in slate, and since we put it in, we've never missed access to an inside bath.
    Can't see why a house without young children would need a bath.
    There's my 2 bobs worth.
    Regards,
    Noel

We have a bath but since we run on tank water only it has never been used.
    Terry B
    Armidale

The most ineffective workers will be systematically moved to the place where they can do the least damage - management.
    --The Dilbert Principle

Without a bath, where would I wash the dog?

Never
    Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

My folks' house didn't have a bath, so about 20 years ago my ol' man bought a corner bath and all the bathroom fittings to do a renovation.

They sat in the shed for some 10 years until he retired, whereupon he stripped out the old walls and fittings and knocked a humongous hole in the side of the house to install a glass-brick wall... then promptly had a stroke, leaving him paralysed down the LH side. So, while he was in post-op I filled the hole in (with glass bricks, of course!) and Mum convinced me to finish the job as he'd planned it, installing the bath and all the fittings. I couldn't very well leave 'em washing in the kitchen sink, could I? (Although I thought about it. )

About 3 months later, once he had been home for a fortnight or so, we realised we'd boobooed and I pulled the bath back out, retiling the floor so he could use a toiletry-chair to be showered. The bath-tub is now a sunken pond out the backyard. In the all the years they had it (and the couple of weeks it was actually plumbed) not once was it actually used as a bath!

It has turned out to be great for breeding gold-fish poop in though!
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Moved into the house in 1984 and I have never had a bath in the bathtub. I have sat on the side of the bath and washed my dirty feet because I am not flexible enough to get my feet into the laundry tub.

Craig,
    been in current house for 4.5 years, never used the bath. Not being on town water makes one think twice about using 150 litres of water anyway, but I've never been big on baths. At our last place we had a humungous corner spa bath that we used maybe 5 times in as many years. Is it a proven fact that a bath adds to the desireability of a house?

Mick
    "If you need a machine today and don't buy it,

tomorrow you will have paid for it and not have it."

- Henry Ford 1938

3 hours ago.

But...

The little fella and Mrs. Schtoo used that water, and the water will wash our clothes tomorrow.

Don't worry, the water is clean, unless the lad left something yellow in there. :eek:

No big trouble though, the rinse uses fresh water.

But I used that water.

If it were me, and no kids were using the bath and you had to use a traditional bath, then I just wouldn't.

But after living with the Japanese style bath/shower doohickey, I would not live without it no matter where the heck I was living. Just makes an awful lot of sense for saving water and more sense for how it's done.

Worth googling to find out what I am talking about, and pictures would make it easier to understand.

Like most poms I seldom bathe. I shower a lot but hate bath tubs.
    Whilst renovating the house about ten years ago, I removed the bath and put in an extra big shower.
    Best thing I ever did (apart from INSISTING that the toilet did NOT belong in the bathroom but in a little room all of its own.)
    Bob Willson
    The term 'grammar nazi' was invented to make people, who don't know their grammar, feel OK about being uneducated.