Default Help with lounge tiling PICS!!!!!!

Hi,

well whats happened is that i have tiled half the room and it was farely successfull. I have used cermacrete made by davco (ormenoid is the brand but produced by davco) which is only a sand cement mix about about $15 for 20kg.

I had to pull up about 12 tiles due to a dodgy alignment that i did*(not happy).

The questions are when i used my ozito hammer drill to jack hammer them up none of them broke and I saved every single tile????? I know im not that skilled but was the mix not wet enough?? I mean they pretty much just popped off when i got the hammer chisel underneath the tile they just popped off and none broke.

All the adhesive was left on the ground and when the tiles got lifted by the ozitio drill and it seems none of the adhesive stuck on the back of the tiles except the cement lines you can see in the pictures on the back of the tiles. Is this normal????

any help appreciated

cheers

Last edited by ozwinner; 9th October 2006 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Pictures

also the blotchy adhesive on the slab is because i started to jack hammer it off.

Heres a pic of all the tiles didnt even break one at all and no adhesive stuck on the botom see above post

Last edited by ozwinner; 9th October 2006 at 06:39 PM. Reason: Pictures too large

How long were the tiles down? Can take a few days to develop maximum strength. But is does look like the mix was a bit dry. A whipped cream consistency is about right so knock one tile down and pull it back up - you should have almost complete coverage. Also some tiles are shipped with a powdery film to prevent scratching - looks like you might have a bit of that too? Should brush off with a stiff brush.

Cheers
    Michael

Quote Originally Posted by mic-d View Post
    How long were the tiles down? Can take a few days to develop maximum strength. But is does look like the mix was a bit dry. A whipped cream consistency is about right so knock one tile down and pull it back up - you should have almost complete coverage. Also some tiles are shipped with a powdery film to prevent scratching - looks like you might have a bit of that too? Should brush off with a stiff brush.

Cheers
    Michael
    hi mic

tiles were down for about 48 hours on the first 4 tiles and about 72 hours for the final 4 tiles in the picture

Hi Drummelars,

You may have had more feedback if your images had been smaller. I nearly tweak a neck muscle with the scrolling.

Regards
    David

sorry

Quote Originally Posted by Metal Head View Post
    Hi Drummelars,

You may have had more feedback if your images had been smaller. I nearly tweak a neck muscle with the scrolling.

Regards
    David

Fixed.
    You have to do an Enter between each picture or else they just stack up one after the other.

Al

Hello drummelars,I think that it is very unusual for the tiles to come off that easy and in that manner.We use a product called Monoflex in the same sort of application and after you beat the tiles in (rubber mallet)they are very hard to remove even after a short time.We use a similiar product to what you used but we use it in the wet areas after we have screeded the floors off and let them set.We also use Bondcrete (very important)on any slabs or screeds before tiling (did you?)As mic-d mentioned it is very important to get the mix right as well.Do the tiles feel or sound "drummy"?That would be a dead giveaway if they did.I'm not sure if any of this helps you but I hope it does drummelars.Good luck.Regards Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    Hello drummelars,I think that it is very unusual for the tiles to come off that easy and in that manner.We use a product called Monoflex in the same sort of application and after you beat the tiles in (rubber mallet)they are very hard to remove even after a short time.We use a similiar product to what you used but we use it in the wet areas after we have screeded the floors off and let them set.We also use Bondcrete (very important)on any slabs or screeds before tiling (did you?)As mic-d mentioned it is very important to get the mix right as well.Do the tiles feel or sound "drummy"?That would be a dead giveaway if they did.I'm not sure if any of this helps you but I hope it does drummelars.Good luck.Regards Terry
    dam whats bond crete??

dont tell me ive stuffed up cuz all the loungeroom is almost done!

Quote Originally Posted by Terry1 View Post
    dam whats bond crete??

dont tell me ive stuffed up cuz all the loungeroom is almost done!