Question Swansdown Mop use and maintainance

All,

I have done a search and did not come up with answers to my questions WRT the Ubeaut Swansdown Mop. I have checked the handbook with no luck also.

My questions are as follows:
    1. I understand the requirement to run some sandpaper (40 grit or so) over the mop from new. I did this and have also done so subsequently, but I still get quite a bit of fluff coming off whilst using. Is this normal?
    2. This may be related to Q1; what sort of spead should the mop be run at? I use it attached to a coach bolt in my drill press.
    3. Lastly, is there any benifets/losses to the length of time between aplying either EEE or Trad wax prior to buffing?
    Thanks all, look forward to your replies .
    Greatest Movie Quote Ever: "Its good to be the king!"

Gidday Gazaly

I Love my U Beaut Swanee n have found it one of the handiest accessories in my shed. I found mine used to hiss n spit crap everywhere but have found this reduces dramatically once its worn in.

I've got mine mounted to a variable speed Bosch Hammer drill and use it from buffing to polishing n even slickingup my jointer bed

If you havent got one stop missing out these things are sssssssssooooooo underated once you've got one you'll wonder how you got on without it.

Keep using it M8 she'll eventually wear in then wala ..................... From swansdown mop to magic Mop!!!

Regards Lou (unashamed biased lover of U BEAUTS best accessory product I pity all who don't own one of these.....................GET ONE!!!!)
    Just Do The Best You Can With What You HAve At The Time

You only need to use the 40g initially to de fluff the mop.

There is no need to do this once the mop has been loaded.
    If using the mop for 2 different purposes then you would be better of with 2 mops.

The EEE is an abrasive which cleans the timber but the traditional wax is a polish. By using both on the same mop no matter how much you clean there will be some residue in the folds.

Once the mop is loaded you only need a small amount of either to make it work. For best results it is better to apply a covering all over the peice then use the mop to heat up the polish or abrasive and get the desired finish. If you just apply it to the mop then you may not get the complete finish you are looking for

These mops are designed to be put onto bench grinders with a speed of 2800 rpm.
    Jim Carroll
    One Good Turn Deserves Another. CWS, Vicmarc, Robert Sorby, Woodcut, Tormek, Woodfast
    Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds!

Get a couple & keep them for dedicated use.
    I give mine a quick touch up with a wire bush, probly not too economical but it knocks the fluff & dags off.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.