Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default frame finishing jig

I got chucked out of the kitchen on my last project because the varnishising odour was polluting the kitchen.

In the past I have always suspended a picture frame being varnished witha loop of string from a hook to the ceiling.

Having being evicted and back in the workshop I needed another way to hold a picture frame needing a coat of varnish and not wanting to touch the frame with my hands, particularly the last frame edge.

So I got out two offcuts from the waste bin that fitted the rebated frame underside as per pictures attached.

Might be as old as the hills but a first for me.
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

Another way is to put 4 nails through a bit of chipboard or ply located so that the frame rebate is supported by only the points of the 4 nails
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com

I knew you would be an expert on picture framing Bob.

Thanks Bob for the suggested improvement, actually those pins you mention can go on the waste battens as well.
    woody U.K.

"Common looking people are the best in the world: that is the reason the Lord makes so many of them." ~ Abraham Lincoln

I made an " A " frame like a picture easel with a batton across the top with a series of spaced nails about 6" apart , the rebate rests on these and I can hang one or two frames when i'm spraying. I like this cause the frames sit about 4' from the floor and are a convenient height for spraying.
    It folds flat for storage and can be used anywear, ie you don't need bench top space .

Rgds

Ashore