Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Post Screws and Nails

Found a good use for all those SPC Brekky fruit bottles. With the help of friends and family I collected enough to make this. I've got almost enough to make another one the same size.

The frame is made from cheap fingerjointed 120 x 12mm crapiata.

Very hand storage.
    If you never made a mistake, you never made anything!

Nice job!

I'd hate to be your toilet after consuming all that fruit though
    How much wood could the woodchuck chuck if the woodchuck could chuck wood?

Default Fruity

There's another 45 empties beside them. The product of 3 households from about 7 months.

In my grandfather's shed, he used spice bottles or baby food bottles, and would nail the lid to the bottom of a shelf. He could see what was in each jar (clear glass) and with one hand twist off/on.

Wish I was that organised.

Tex

My Godfather was the same - he used jam jars, with the lid nailed to a rail, for all sorts of fixings, washers, & whatnot. Unfortunately, none were labelled, so when he asked me to go and get n x #whatever, so-and-so long brass countersunk screws, let's say, I'd be gone half an hour having to go through heaps of jars.

Learnt, eventually, where all the things were though.

Godmother used to make lots of home-made preserves, and so used to buy boxes of jars and lids (the ones with the little rubber gasket seal) - and could never quite figure out why she was always running out of jars (not allowed in the shed )

Cheers!

Default Empty CD/DVD spindles are almost as good...

Ditto for my father and both my grandfathers. And me, 'cept I've brought the idea into the plastic era.

For various reasons I go through a 50-disk spindle of CD/DVD's every week or two, so I've amassed quite a collection of empties. I simply cut the centre rod out of 'em and mount them under my shelves with 3 screws, one near each locking tang. Being quick-release they're perfect for storing small items such as wax-sticks and similar oddments, although I'm not too sure whether they're strong enough to fill with nails, screws or the like.

Very handy at the lathe, scrollsaw and other machines which have a lot of small fittings that're frequently used but easily lost. eg. at the lathe I use 'em for pen kits, mandrel bushes, faceplate screws, etc. etc.
    I may be weird, but I'm saving up to become eccentric.

- Andy Mc

Smile Storage of angle grinder cutting disks

Quote Originally Posted by Skew ChiDAMN!!
    For various reasons I go through a 50-disk spindle of CD/DVD's every week or two, so I've amassed quite a collection of empties. I simply cut the centre rod out of 'em and mount them under my shelves with 3 screws, one near each locking tang. Being quick-release they're perfect for storing small items such as wax-sticks and similar oddments, although I'm not too sure whether they're strong enough to fill with nails, screws or the like.
    I use an empty one of those CD/DVD containers to store spare cutting disks for my 4-inch angle grinder. I leave the centre spindle in though, it fits quite nicely up through the centre of the disks.

Regards,
    Mirboo.

Wow, Sheddie! I thought I heard someone ratting through our recycling bin the other night ...

GW
    Where you see a tree, I see 3 cubic metres of timber, milled and dressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Woodchips
    Wow, Sheddie! I thought I heard someone ratting through our recycling bin the other night ...

GW
    Got more than enought o make another one. A slight modification is going to be added. I'm going to hot-melt glue a sample to the lid. Quicker to identify what I want than reading it.
    Cheers

PS:That wasn't me...it was a RAT....:eek::eek::eek: