Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I must be ...

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Default I must be ...

I must be off with life. When you open a thread and just scroll through to the end without even making an attempt to read it, you must be.

Fuggit.

Life sucks ... but so does the alternative.

'bout time I did some work on the boat. I'd love to. I've even set it up but I can't until I buy some poxy ... which I can't go out and do because I'm waiting for a delivery ... which isn't coming but none of that matters because ... well, that's personal but let's just say that the concept of having a gf no longer has much appeal, not that I've got one any more.

Richard

You OK there Richard? Need to get something off your chest?

HH.
    Always look on the bright side...

Was there a specific thread that brought this about - or is it general ennui?
    1st in Woodwork (1961)

Sounds like you need a good hobby...

I just went to the bike shop to drop off my front wheel for respoking. The rim is a Wolber, about 14 years old with deep grooves on the side from wear. I asked Dave whether he reckoned it was worth spending $50 to get it respoked. He thought it had a bit of life left in it yet, but we did a quick quote on getting a couple of Shimano RS500 hubs with DS spokes and some brand of rim which I have forgotten, and I could basically replace both front and rear for just over $200 - about $100 more than it was going to cost to respoke them. So, no brainer, rims ordered delivered next week.

Bummer, looks like I might actually have to get on the bike again next week, no more excuses....
    "I don't practice what I preach because I'm not the kind of person I'm preaching to."

Richard,

Fire up the MG, take her for a ride, somewhere the cops don't go (you know what I mean) It will make you feel better about the world. If that doesn't work, you haven't driven it far enough

Silent On your bike....
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

I can't go for a flamin' drive because I'm waiting for this flamin' delivery that was supposed to be here yesterday ...

oh dammit, retail therapy never did work.

Sorry lads. Just broken up with my gf of two years and despite the ????? I've had from wimmens in the past, this one was done properly with sensitivity and respect by two people who genuinely loved each other but who were forced to face the reality that it wasn't going to work as a couple ... so why do I feel so damned hurt and bitter about it all?

If you've got a partner, protect and love her because it as sure as eggs beats the flamin' alternatives.

Richard

Quote Originally Posted by Daddles View Post
    I can't go for a flamin' drive because I'm waiting for this flamin' delivery that was supposed to be here yesterday ...
    Richard
    In that case, give it a wash and polish, maybe a tune up while you are waiting, even clean the interior. Do the complete detail thing as if it was going into a show. Will keep you mind off things, make the car look good so when the delivery arrives, you can take her out for a run and you will get twice the compliments

kepp your chin up mate
    I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be.

My Other Toys

Richard everything in life is a lesson or a gift
    2 years loveing somebody is a gift to remember, the lesson at the end is something to work out

polish that car so you can see your face in it ,in a short time you will have someone new on your arm if you keep smileing
    smile and the world will smile with you

If you've got a partner, protect and love her because it as sure as eggs beats the flamin' alternatives.
    Mine knows she's safe: I couldn't stand being retrained.

I reckon that's your message too... sorry to hear Richard.

Look, if I sent you a pic of the Eureka, and some paint, do you think you could do me a favour, and finish it off for me?? I'm starting to get grief over it, and that's something I don't understand at all, getting nagged because I'm NOT working on the boat!

The last wedding is only two weeks away, and after that I don't think I'll be able to find an excuse!

Haven't been on my bike for over two months either, so now have 5 more kg to get off!

And you think your alone!

Chin up,

P

Women, women, bloody women.

Get on the bike Rich and start training for the Tour de france next year.

Visit my website at www.myFineWoodWork.com

Or you could put "A night in tunisia" by Lee Morgan on the stereo quite loud. Positive, energetic music helped me greatly earlier this year.
    Mick

avantguardian

Ah excellent, another WWF therapy session.

Like Wongo said, On yer bike mate.
    Photo Gallery

Thanks lads. It's been over a week but I'm more upset about this one than the previous efforts.

As for the delivery. It finally arrived - a trailer so I can tow my wee doggie around behind me on the bike So guess what I'm about to do

Richard

Hi Richard,

Bummer, Ive lost everything in a divorce before and it takes some getting over. One thing that helped was an occasional internal application of fine lager (you have the best in Aus brewed where you are, name of the barrelmaker). Just dont overdo it, depression is even worse,

Sebastiaan
    "We must never become callous. When we experience the conflicts ever more deeply we are living in truth. The quiet conscience is an invention of the devil." - Albert Schweizer

My blog. http://theupanddownblog.blogspot.com

Thanks lads. It's been over a week but I'm more upset about this one than the previous efforts.

As for the delivery. It finally arrived - a trailer so I can tow my wee doggie around behind me on the bike So guess what I'm about to do

Richard
    Right you on ya bike.....

My Other Toys