Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default More puter help needed.

Ok, I reinstalled windows. I also dug my eyes out bith rusty spoons to keep me amused.

Now how do I get my apps, installed another partition work now? I guess I gotta import a file into windoze, but I dunno which one or where it hides.

I promise I'll try to be good from now on.
    Boring signature time again!

I'm not sure of the details you need. I'd just go HERE and not have to worry again.

Ever.

Cheers,

P

Hi Outback,

If I understood your post correctly, you have re-installed Windows (into its own partition?), and have your applications in a separate partition. If this is correct, then I'm afraid I have some bad news for you: you'll have to re-install all of the applications again, as they will all generally create a number of entries in the Windows registry - and only a truly dedicated masochist would even attempt to manually recreate these entries

I'd strongly recommend something like "TrueImage" from Acronis, or Norton's "Ghost" - either of which will enable you to make a system image (and if you have a CD- or DVD-writer, can burn this image to a removable disk for relatively easy recovery from a system stuff up. Please note: this is not an "if" situation, but a "when"...

Cheers!

Outback, some days are good & some are BAD!!! :mad: :mad:

You have now entered the realm of BAD days, sorry to say.

The advice given by Steve is true & correct. Blow the program petition away & reinstall your appz on the clean petition.
    Cheers

Major Panic

That's what you get for being lazy. I was gunna reformat, but tried a clean install hoping it would save time and clean things up a bit.
    Oh well, I guess I get to reformat now.

Like I said before Outback, you have all of my empathy

Nothing worse than having to reinstall from scratch.

cheers
    RR

Talking

Geez Outback.

What a way to spend your Birthday.
    I feel good today Silent Bob.

Hard drive reformatted, changed the partition sizes whilst at it. Windoze installed, firewall installed.

Now all I got is the rest of the apps, updates, patches, fixes, and personilsed settings.

G'day Outback,

Here's the answer to your problems - it's like a V10 Viper on steroids but even better!

http://store.apple.com/133-622/WebOb...5&mco=7B8A9271

I know what my next upgrade is - A Quad 2.5GHz baby, oh yeah! But if you want to play in Windoze
    I make things, I just take a long time.

www.brandhouse.net.au

Hi Outback,

If this isn't too late (or maybe worth doing anyway for the next time), get a copy of something like PEBuilder (it's freeware) so that you can assemble a CD with the O/S image plus all of the updates "slipstreamed" into one single package.

This saves heaps of time - especially if you haven't got a handy downloaded copy of all of the (very numerous) SPs and other updates.

A similar approach can be taken with the apps - eg MS Office (if that's what you use), but the time saved is less marked.

If you don't feel that you are up to this (it does involve a bit of "propeller head" stuff) you might get your friendly local computer store to rattle one up for you; shouldn't cost more than $30 ~ $40 or so.

Be aware though, that with XP (and one assumes going forwards) that MS only allows a limited number of new installs on the same machine before the licence becomes invalid...

Cheers! - and I also empathise with having to deal with this sort of poo - on your Birthday of all times! Hope that you had a good glass (or so) of decent red to help soften the misery

Of course, you could always take the bench grinder to the PC....