Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Dissapearing Initial Post

After getting serveral reponces to a new thread, I noted a couple of typo's (Old Tanglefingers Here) in the initial post, and decided to edit them, and saved the changes only to have the initial post vanish. I can find the reply's by following the email link sentto me https://www.woodworkforums.com/showthread.php?t=85760&goto=newpost but it is no longer possible to find the thread on the forum concerned.

I advised the site of the issue via the "Contact us" link, but havenot had a reply.

Is it possible for the missing post to be recovvered, or should I start a new Rhread and ask the site to move the earlier reply's to the new Stread.

Thanks and regards

Dan Tanlefingers.

Your post hasn't disappeared, it has been moved with a redirect from the existing sub-forum here to another sub-forum here as it is more appropriate there.

If you were to follow the email links and then look at the top at the thread heading, it will show you which sub-forum it is in.
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

Smile Still a bit Puzzled

I can now see both the reference to the post marked "Moved" in the Table Saws and Combination Forum, as well as the actual post and replies in the Radial Arm Saws, Routers etc. Forum.

What puzzles me is that the original post was sctually in the Radial Arm Saws, Routers etc. forum.

The only thing I can think of is that when I saved my corrections to several typo's, I must have saved it in the Table Saw's and Combination Forum, and someone has subsequently corrected this.

Thankyou for taking the time to relocate it for me.

I am happy again

Thsanks and regards

Dan.

I can assure you that the original post was never in the RADIAL ARM SAWS, MOULDERS, THICKNESSERS, ETC section to begin with, it was in TABLE SAWS & COMBINATIONS as I saw it straight off when you posted it this morning and I moved it virtually straight away.

You posted it at 09:53am in Table Saws etc, I approved it 09:55am and moved it to Radial Arm etc at 09:56am
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

This would be true. DJ has been known to move posts before people have even written them.

Quote Originally Posted by Groggy View Post
    This would be true. DJ has been known to move posts before people have even written them.
    Nuh that's not possible

But I have pre-empted people's thoughts before they have posted though
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

But I have pre-empted people's thoughts before they have posted though
    Can we talk lotto numbers?

Smile My Guardian Angel.

Hi DJ's Timber.

I did not realise that I actually had a Guardian Angel with the tag of DJ's Timber

Looks like I am not as Computer Savvy as I thought, despite earning my modest income as a computer consultant and reseller.

Perhaps I could employ you as my business mentor.

Thanks for re-assigning my poet to the appropriate forum, and taking the time to explain what actually occured as against what I thought occurred.

Thanks and regards

Dan Tanglefingers and Tangled Memory.

No worries
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN

Default Robland K-26 Combo Unit

Hi DJ,

I have a separate thread that has not received any replies re the availability of a Robland K-26 Combination Bench Saw / Planer / Thicknesser / Moulder and Boring unit. It is in excellent condition, and the owner still has all of the original accessories, books etc.

He believes it is worth $ 5000.00.

Can you advise if his expectation is realistic and is such can be achieved on this forum.

Thanks and regards

Dan.

Dan, I cannot advise regarding the pricing as I have no experience with these matters but I believe that the thread may be better of in the BUY, SELL 'N' SWAP forum.

If you like, I can move it there for you.

You may need to give it a few days also to get an answer and if still no answer after a few days or a week, give it a bump by replying to it with one of these or just type in Bump
    Cheers

DJ

ADMIN