Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Jammed chainsaw

Default Jammed chainsaw

I just got this in an e-mail from Old Croc.

...I have only started work today, had a small problem on 9 Dec jammed the chainsaw bar in a palm tree and when I pulled it out I hit my chest pretty hard, damaged an artery and the resultant blood clot caused a massive heart attack.
    I was lucky to survive,and it has put my life on hold for a while, cant use a saw for at least 6 mths and even then might be limited by how much of the heart that has died.

Fingers crossed Croc.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

Bad luck - I hope he gets better.

BTW who is Old Croc?

Now I know!
    Last edited by Wood Borer; 10th January 2008 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Looked up member list
    - Wood Borer

Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee. Pass on my regards please Cliff.

Will do.

Here are some more details....

Don’t want to bore you with the details, nearly died twice in the E.D. but they used some magic fluid which dissolved the clot and then up to coronary care and they did an angiogram the next day and after they cleared the clot they put 2 stents in to keep the artery clear, they hope I should have no more problems.
    As I get along the only thing I notice is I get a little short of breath, but no pain or use of the nitro spray so far. Cant use a chainsaw for 6 mths but am hoping for a good outcome seeing they did not have to hack me open. They told me if I was in South Townsville, rather than Cranbrook where we were cutting I would not have made it as it was so bad. Guess you don’t know what is in store for us, but I buy a lot of lotto tickets now.
    Cliff.
    If you find a post of mine that is missing a pic that you'd like to see, let me know & I'll see if I can find a copy.

i hope your recovery goes well . always handy to have a spare saw or bar and chain .then you can remove the stuck saw easily , or cut a scarf or a number of parell cuts ,to allow some clearance for the bar ,and encourage the tree to fall in the direction desired . a chainsaw course is a real good idea , explains treefelling chainsaw maintence etc , and makes for some, safe work practises,and hopefully less injuries . after 30 years of chainsaw work ,its great to find some easy safe ways to get the job done .and why things are done the way they . are safe cutting , bob

Quote Originally Posted by bobsreturn2003 View Post
    ....a chainsaw course is a real good idea...
    You are preaching to the converted Bob, Old Croc uses a chain saw at work for a 'utility service provider' that has more safety courses than you can poke a stick at.

Accidents can still happen.
    Cliff.

and it was an unusal sort of accident
    Regards, Bob Thomas

www.wombatsawmill.com