Until just recently I hadn't seen any contemporary theatre for years. I dismissed it as being (like most contemporary art) self indulgent and inaccesible. I have been building sets for Just Us Theatre Ensemble, (JUTE) a Cairns based theatre company, since the beginning of the year. Interesting work, and as a bonus, I get tickets to the shows. I went to the first production not expecting much at all but was really impressed by the whole production. I've been to two shows since and can sincerely say they were thoroughly enjoyable. I went to the closing night of "My Of Course Life" last night and it was a truly amazing experience. It was a one woman show which took the audience on a journey through a family's turbulent history. The actor sang a selection of songs, in different voices and accents, as different characters. It opens in Brisbane on Wednesday 29 Sept. It's especially relevant if you have a migrant or refugee background or come from a large family, but it's accesible and enjoyable for people from all backgrounds.

Mick
(BTW she has a wonderful voice, apparently she has been singing proffesionally for some time as well)