Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default highly protective finish

Hi
    Over the last year or so I have gotten big time into furniture restoring and French polishing. While I have become extremely competent and knowldgeable about French polishing (and it is AMAZING how easy it is to do) my problem is that I know no other finishing technique.
    The problem with French polishing obviously is that it is not water proof. I am finding that on some pieces (eg if my baby will dribble on it) I need a substitute technique that:
    (a) must be very easy to apply (ideally manually only, ie no spray guns etc) because I only have a very pathetic little garage to work in
    (b) looks good (a lot of finishes I notice look way too artificial)
    (c) be water proof.
    I would appreciate some guidance on this.
    Cheers,
    Ronnie

Ronnie - Boy, have you ever come to the right place. Check this out http://www.ubeaut.com.au/hardshell.htm then give it a try. you'll be amazed.

Cneers - Neil
    56 Rock n Roll rebel....... Too old to die young and too young to be an old fart. Guess I'll just keep on rockin' and refuse to grow old gracefully.

Are you a registered member? Why not? click here to register. It's free and only takes 37 seconds!

That stuff looks just the thing to finish my two Tassie Oak side tables for the lounge room, the ones I havent started yet due to needing a couple more power tools

Hi
    The hardened shellac looks brilliant.
    Can I ask from anyone out there that has actually used it thoroughly - how does it compare with normal shellac? My most worrying issue is reaction to water.
    Cheers,
    Ronnie