Default cheap temporary flooring?

I have just bought a house and it has a double car garage with a dirt floor. I need to put some kind of raised floor in it as I have a heap of boxes etc to store in there but they need to be up off the groud and out of the damp. The garage will be pulled down eventually and a new one built, so what ever the solution, it has to be cheap. My first thouhgt was sleepers as bearers with chipboard flooring over them. Anyone know any cheap materials suppliers in the eastern metro area of Melbourne? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Take a drive through your nearest industrial estate and look for throwaway pallets. A lot of companies have these outside their gates for the taking, can't get anything cheaper than that!

Also, virtually every Bunnings warehouse store has take away pallets outside.

Should make a good temporary floor at not cost, other than a bit of petrol.

Good thought Big Shed I was looking to cover the entire floor without gaps as it may be stored for 6-12 months and I'll probably have to use the area as a workshop too.

Old pallets - with or without bricks would make a pretty good foundation. You can get 2nd hand particle board - it is used as industrial shelving. I have seen it in bulk at 'Display & Storage Technology' here in Sydney & I'm sure there are a few big boys in the Brisbane area.

You could also take a look at 2nd hand building material stores but I'd guess they would be more expensive than the industrial mobs.

I would also lay some forticon plastic down under the pallets to stop rising damp.