Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Escaping traffic infringement

I was just caught driving while using a mobile phone. Silly I know, I get off at other people doing it when they're all over the road.
    I haven't been booked for 10-15 years is it possible to get off by saying sorry but I have been a good boy in the past? I saw an add for 60 miniutes a few years back I think, that said some solicitor was getting many people off camera speeding fines that had good driving records by writing in. Is it possible? Was in rubbish? I'm in Victoria.

I have a suggestion but the fellow with the big scythe would delete it.

I find the phone law totally stupid and ironic as was the "Not allowed to use CB's whilest driving" was years ago. No such law for eating or drinking (non-alchohlic) in a vehicle whilest driving.

The same Governments Australia wide allowed them into the market.

Whats the difference to Cabbie's, Emergency services who use Two way radio's these devices have been around for many years yet we have never seen a law applied to them and they are cable attached still.

Or
    as a past Tourist Coach drive having to use a hand held or boom mounted microphone while giving commentary.

For a speeding offence you are allowed a let-off every 2 (or maybe 3) years if you have a clean record. I think it only applies to a 1 point offence.

You need to write in requesting a review of the offence in view of a previous clean record.

I do not know whether it would apply in your case but could be worth a try
    Tom

"It's good enough" is low aim

You can out of a speeding fine by writing a letter reminding them you've been a good boy in the past 3 years. ie no other speeding fines during that period. Dont know how you'll fare on yours though.......

Good luck !

Yes you can quote your good record tell them you do realise you were a silly boy and it will not happen again. But that is for an automatic fine IE camera etc, If you were done by a Mr Plod then sorry that is fixed, only way is to take it to court , and that would be a silly thing to do.

HMMM. It is a pity to get an infringement after all these years but you still have a great record. If it was a fair call by the police, why fight it?

I have nearly lost my licence through accumulation of points until I discovered a device that accurately determines who is really at fault - a mirror.

I can't understand people using mobile phones while driving. What is so important that you can't pull over to answer a phone call. Just about every moblie phone sold in the last 5 years comes with some sort of hands free device, use it and you won't get busted. I paid $80 and got a bluetooth unit that attaches to the sun visor. My phone has voice call and auto answer so I don't have to touch the phone and I'm not fumbling around trying to answer any calls. I don't see the need to make calls whilst I'm driving.
    To grow old is inevitable.... To grow up is optional

Confidence, the feeling you have before you fully understand the situation.

What could possibly go wrong.

There's no excuse for the infringment, especially in light of the recent blanket advertising of the upcoming law revisions and the wealth of cheap Bluetooth devices flooding the market. Just cop the fine and learn from it.

Some of the rearview miror type Bluetooth devices even have an in-built reversing camera.
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

Quote Originally Posted by Chesand View Post
    For a speeding offence you are allowed a let-off every 2 (or maybe 3) years if you have a clean record. I think it only applies to a 1 point offence.
    Only applies to minor speeding offences from cameras and only if they have no record of you being booked since the speeding cameras were introduced.

Does not apply to offences being caught by a police officer, the only way out of it is to fight it in court.

Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by glenn k View Post
    I was just caught driving while using a mobile phone. Silly I know, I get off at other people doing it when they're all over the road.
    I haven't been booked for 10-15 years is it possible to get off by saying sorry but I have been a good boy in the past?
    Not silly...dangerous. The one time you did it could have been the one time you sailed through an intersection and collected another motorist.
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Get yourself a lawer who is experienced in these matters, it will cost you appr. $5,000 but you will get off, or have a look here www.aussiespeedingfines.com

Arrow

I really have no sympathy for you at all . you know the law, you know its wrong and dangerous to do it so just cop it and don't be so bloody inconsiderately dangerous in future.

Quote Originally Posted by China View Post
    Get yourself a lawer who is experienced in these matters, it will cost you appr. $5,000 but you will get off, or have a look here www.aussiespeedingfines.com

Pay a parasite lawyer $5000 to get off a charge that will leave you with a fine of way less than $5000 ($1134 is the figure I believe) and no criminal record? ROFL!
    Whatever note you blow youre never more than a semitone away from the correct one....(Miles Davis)

Do the crime, do the time or pay the fine.
    Visit my website
    Website
    Facebook

Calm is offline Stubby Owner and proud of it. Now coming back to Earth.:D

Quote Originally Posted by glenn k View Post
    I haven't been booked for 10-15 years is it possible to get off by saying sorry but I have been a good boy in the past? I saw an add for 60 miniutes a few years back I think, that said some solicitor was getting many people off camera speeding fines that had good driving records by writing in. Is it possible? Was in rubbish? I'm in Victoria.
    You dont say it was the first time you ever did this so i guess it was only the first time you got caught.

Dont be such a sook and pay up - you did the crime now pay - remember the 3 points you just lost all add up over 3 years.

Welcome to the real world.

Cheers
    regards

David

"Tell him he's dreamin."
    "How's the serenity" (from "The Castle")