The house I am hoping to buy needs stump work. Not extensively, I'd say its not really that bad. I live in a rental where it is about 10 times more noticeable (leaning door frames, sticky doors, about a 30 degree angle on the kitchen floor... 120mm+ wooden chocks shoved under the kitchen cabinets to keep the benches level...

anyway my point is, with this possible future house...
it costs a lot of money to get the stumps fixed.
does it really add much value to the property if the problem is only slight in the first place (barely noticeable)?
if i had to spend in excess of $5000 on re stumping, would it make much difference, there are many other cheaper things that can be done which would add loads of value to the house.

if it were my house forever I'd definitely get the stumps done. but as I plan to only have the place for 12 months or a little more than that, is it okay to pass the problem onto the next owner? would I really lose out on value if I didn't get the issue fixed?

picture (from the real estate) shows the one room where a lean is noticeable and some cracking, could the cracks have been caused by radiant heat from the heater as well?

Attached Thumbnails

Read the full thread at RenovateForum.com...