Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Thread: Plum Pudding…

Default Plum Pudding…

... Mahogany, that is.

I will be enjoying homemade plum pudding ice cream in the 28° C. (82.4° F.) forecasted for Christmas Day.

Season's greetings to one and all.
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

Things have gotten off to a good start here.

SWMBO has been making Ian Parmenter's beer Xmas PP - I suggested a large bottle of Coopers Extra Stout, Half a big bottle for the Pud and half for me.

It was only supposed to reach 34ºC here today but just been out in the car doing the last minute pickups and car thermometer said 39ºC in the shade. Tomorrow is supposed to reach 38º.

Should be 28C for us and WET, wet, wet, expected downpour of up to 300mm for us and further North in "Cliffy" country they are forcasting up to 500mm with the possibility of a "weak" cyclone thrown in for good measure.

Well, Xmas day is just about over and in keeping with tradition my families gathering at Xmas, everyone brought WAAAY more than what is needed for the desert menu. Sorry the picture is not very good - crappy phone camera only.
    Attachment 156785

3 Xmas puddings, (a traditional, based on an Aussie brewed stout and 2 others based on icecream - it was over 38C here today), a summer berry pie, and a lemon meringue pie plus a couple of other things I did not try. The stout based Xmas pudding with the brandy cream sauce was awesome and I had two helpings of that. The nieces and nephews don't like the brandy laced cream sauce so there is always plenty to bring home where a second stout based Xmas pudding is awaiting for when we feel like a bit more snacking over the next few days.