hi all. i want to replace some aluminium windows in my double brick house. the existing windows don't have any reveal (wood frames etc) so i'd like to replace them with a similar arrangement. I understand the existing windows are tied into the brickwork in the cavity or something. I've read thru all the threads on this forum and seen a couple that are similar to my situation but lacking a bit of detail on the solution. I understand that you can use aluminium angle (rivetted to the window frame and plugged into the bricks) but do you just use that on the sides or do you use it at the top and bottom of the window as well? (the window slopes away at about 120 degrees so wouldn't be suitable for 90 degree angle). do you also use the angle on the insides of the window? i've heard mention of using expanding glue as well (perhaps inside the cavity?).

any assistance on this would be appreciated. the quotes i've received thus far are horrendous (e.g. $1g per window install only) and they've all got different ideas on how it should be done.

Read and reply to the full thread at RenovateForum.com....