Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Iridium Outdoor Lighting

Hi All, I'm looking for some lighting to accent some items in the back yard. I've seen along some freeways in Melb, they have lighting that seems to output a spectrum of colour (eg Purple to Red to Orange to Yellow) they all gently fade into one another. Doesnt anyone know what this type of light is called or where I could get one? I'd say the bulb or reflector would have like an iridium coating to produce the colour effect, but google hasn't turned up any useful results.

Thanks

Sorry never heard of Iridium coating on lights. Not having seen the lights your taking about but could be HID Halogen or Dichromatic. Also Sodium lights give different spectrums as they are warming up (Sodium looks great on foliage)
    As far as outdoor light selection do a search of this forum, theres plenty of info available.

Sounds like LED lights. I saw some last time I was at Bunnings. Using a combination of red, green and blue led's you can make any colour light you want.

Thanks for the replies, these are definatley not LED lights, as they are far too bright. I'll try take a pic of them tonight.

Cheers

I drove by last night and as luck would have it, they were turned off! Anyway the effect is basically similar to the one pictured here http://www.pro-design.com.au/images/...8e7ae73b59.jpg

and also http://www.peterfreeman.co.uk/bridgepg.htm

So my next question, where can one find floodlights with dichroic glass filters?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by BassTeQ View Post

So my next question, where can one find floodlights with dichroic glass filters?

Thanks
    That's a pretty dramatic effect! I don't know where you get those things, but if you were tripping on acid you wouldn't need them.

Quote Originally Posted by b1ueshift View Post
    you were tripping on acid .
    damn bats....
    • We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive..." And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas. And a voice was screaming: "Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?"

• No point mentioning those bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.
    I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones.
    Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by martrix View Post
    damn bats....
    • We were somewhere around Barstow on the edge of the desert when the drugs began to take hold. I remember saying something like "I feel a bit lightheaded; maybe you should drive..." And suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us and the sky was full of what looked like huge bats, all swooping and screeching and diving around the car, which was going about a hundred miles an hour with the top down to Las Vegas. And a voice was screaming: "Holy Jesus! What are these goddamn animals?"
    • No point mentioning those bats, I thought. The poor bastard will see them soon enough.

Ah Matrix a man after my own gonzo heart.... or is that pineal gland?