Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Tools & Spares Storage

A member prompted this by discovering he had only one screw in his kit for his router attachment.

Over the years I have attained with many power tools bit's n pieces, screws/bolts/nuts attachments, tools etc that go with each.

I became aware the need for marking these and storing them with the tools they were meant for long before the new fangled fantastic plastic boxes came into being (not that they last long plastic hinges tend to break snap as well as the plastic catches).

So over the years I have used old school ports cases to store power tools yeh heavy brown/black ones we used to lug to school full of books. In them I have either screw top plastic containers or Film canisters for screws etc small boxes.

This save time when looking for bits n pieces that are needed instead tearing hair out looking for them and will make it easy for others who take over my tools (sons daughters LOML ) should that time come.

I find it better than throwing them into any old box and becoming seperated.

I still have an original Oxy/Acytelen bottle key.

Mate dont they just breed?? I mean no matter the amount of tools and machines you buy there always seems to be an ever increasing amount of bits an bobs... over time these become "mmm what the F**** heck was this from? ah buggar it" an we chuck em into the "general crap" bin cause we cant throw anything out cause it might come in useful... one day... which day by the way rarely ever comes

Then... just when youve forgotten what you did with the sodding thing... RIGHT THEN the machine demands that it needs it RIGHT NOW... but do you think we can find it? NOPE!

Bloody things.

I gots swaggs of different odds and sods on a shelf in the shed... and in the wee cupboard under the sander... and on the shelf under the bench... and... well yeah all over the place pretty much

BUT!! I know what theyre for!! I DO!!... well other than that long wide row of screws handles thingymabobs on the shelf above the shelf... Ive NO IDEA what theyre from.. but they must be from somethin else they wouldnt have been put on my special shelf now would they

I really should make a stack of small boxes or even lidless boxes for them and mark the machine it comes from... I should... no really I SHOULD ...stop bloody laughing!!

nah its all good
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!

Quote Originally Posted by Wild Dingo View Post
    Mate dont they just breed?? I mean no matter the amount of tools and machines you buy there always seems to be an ever increasing amount of bits an bobs... over time these become "mmm what the F**** heck was this from? ah buggar it" an we chuck em into the "general crap" bin cause we cant throw anything out cause it might come in useful... one day... which day by the way rarely ever comes

Then... just when youve forgotten what you did with the sodding thing... RIGHT THEN the machine demands that it needs it RIGHT NOW... but do you think we can find it? NOPE!

Bloody things.

I gots swaggs of different odds and sods on a shelf in the shed... and in the wee cupboard under the sander... and on the shelf under the bench... and... well yeah all over the place pretty much

BUT!! I know what theyre for!! I DO!!... well other than that long wide row of screws handles thingymabobs on the shelf above the shelf... Ive NO IDEA what theyre from.. but they must be from somethin else they wouldnt have been put on my special shelf now would they

I really should make a stack of small boxes or even lidless boxes for them and mark the machine it comes from... I should... no really I SHOULD ...stop bloody laughing!!

nah its all good
    Shane, have you been in my shed again?
    Cheers
    Jim

"I see dumb peope!"

Quote Originally Posted by Caliban View Post
    Shane, have you been in my shed again?
    Jim ...is it that obvious????

strewth mate I cant help meself!! I mean all them goodies just sittin out there BEGGIN ME to come play

now I gots to go play in me own shed
    Believe me there IS life beyond marriage!!! Relax breathe and smile learn to laugh again from the heart so it reaches the eyes!!