Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Needs Pictures Needs Pictures:  0
Picture(s) thanks Picture(s) thanks:  0

Default Computer sounds from the television!

Over the past few weeks, Herself and I have both heard very loud Windows type computer sounds while watching SBS.

Anyone got an idea what they are and why they occur?
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

Your watching a Techie program

They use Windows sound some times WW as does Time Team on ABC and History during the later series its flamin annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelinround View Post
    Your watching a Techie program

They use Windows sound some times WW as does Time Team on ABC and History during the later series its flamin annoying.
    We haven't been watching tech-head stuff and I recall the noises you mention on Time Team etc.

No, these sound like there's someone else in the room working on a laptop with the volume turned up really loud. The sounds occur randomly and don't punctuate or coincide with the program.
    I know you believe you understand what you think I wrote, but I'm not sure you realize that what you just read is not what I meant.

Regards, Woodwould.

WiFi on your TV is picking up digital signal of someone near by using the laptop

No WiFi.

Regards, Woodwould.

Ghost of Steve Jobs checking out the competitions product?

Quote Originally Posted by Woodwould View Post
    No WiFi.
    So your TV isn't digital?? You don't have antenna??

Your speakers don't pick up signal. I recall taxi radios doing this way back analogue days.

So your TV isn't digital?? You don't have antenna??

Your speakers don't pick up signal. I recall taxi radios doing this way back analogue days.
    The television is an LCD unit, but doesn't have an in-built digital receiver. Is it possible that we could be picking up some WiFi computer signal? Whay only on SBS though?

Regards, Woodwould.

Microsoft Windows has subliminally infiltrated your head?
    -Scott

The television is an LCD unit, but doesn't have an in-built digital receiver. Is it possible that we could be picking up some WiFi computer signal? Whay only on SBS though?
    On a serious note, doesn't SBS use a different band than the others though when viewing analogue? Or are you watching digital? I was watching SBS last night and heard nothing.
    -Scott

Come to think of it, the signal for the TV comes through the PVR which has a digital receiver.

I didn't watch any television last night.

Regards, Woodwould.

Come to think of it, the signal for the TV comes through the PVR which has a digital receiver.

I didn't watch any television last night.

So how did you hear it if you were not watching ok listening voices in your head.

There you have it a receiver device when in the car we use hands free kit often hearing other radio stations over it or others phone conversations .

I used to find similar when CB radios were about, in the coaches speakers and antenna would some times pick up the oldies always got a .

So how did you hear it if you were not watching ok listening voices in your head.

There you have it a receiver device when in the car we use hands free kit often hearing other radio stations over it or others phone conversations .

I used to find similar when CB radios were about, in the coaches speakers and antenna would some times pick up the oldies always got a .
    I said I've heard the noises over the past few weeks. I just wasn't watching television last night.

I take your point, but why does it only occur while watching SBS... is its band close to computer WiFi bands? Has nobody else experienced this?

Regards, Woodwould.

I said I've heard the noises over the past few weeks. I just wasn't watching television last night.

I take your point, but why does it only occur while watching SBS... is its band close to computer WiFi bands? Has nobody else experienced this?
    Yes I suspect so. Funny I recall when digital came out "we'll have more bandwidth available so cross over never happens" said by some polly.
    I'd say a neighbour is using WiFi or digital sound unit which can transfer say from his bedroom where laptop is to speakers in the lounge room.

I had a digital headset I could plug into the TV, Radio, sound system.and be anywhere in the house or yard. On occassions I'd hear cross over