Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Default AFL. Why did it have to happen!!!!! Bad as Soccer

Our great game is being driven to a place where I never thought it would.

The Croweaters have driven our sport to the lowest level ever, as bad a the sickening levels that are expected from a soccer game.

The final in Adealaide is having seats issued with separate areas for each supporters. Due to rivalry between the fans leading to violence?

What the hell has happened! The best part is being able to go to the footy and sit amoungst the oppositions supporters and enjoy the rivalry without violence.

I can understand it from soccer supporters, they have to do something to overcome the boredom. Nothing like a nil all draw to make your day.

Perhaps we should return to the VFL and get back to enjoying our sport?

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Can we get this deleted . The moron is so far off the mark and his comments about soccer so inflamatory that I fear for the direction of the thread. It's stopping me posting my response to this small dicked wonder.

Richard

Bait taken, took a while lol.

Apologies to both SA and soccer fans.

My point is that Footy is for fun, not fighting in the crowd.

Comment was made "Tongue in Cheek" which most comments at the footy are. Give it out and take it back but at the end of the day were all mates when we walk out the gate. Heaven forbid anything else.

South Oz, the big smokey bit in the middle

Apology accepted Benny.

And I'd like to apologise for my rudeness to you.

In this state, violent brawls are common at AFL games, usually afterwards and in the carpark. They are worse than we get at soccer (probably because the crowds are bigger), but go unreported where any crowd incident is played up by people like Cornes and KG who are actively trying to destroy the new A-League. :mad:

Richard

I don't think it is acceptable to poke fun at another persons favoured sport. Except for Rugby League which is only for blouse wearing, hand bag toteing northerners.

Photo Gallery

My fault, I was trying to make a point and was expecting flak.

I think our game is so popular because of the spirit it is played. I never want to see it degenerate hence my comment after hearing the news this morning.

I grew up in Kaniva and played in the Tatiara league with Bodertown, Mundulla, Keith, Tintinara and Leeor. The grass roots footy is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunt
    I don't think it is acceptable to poke fun at another persons favoured sport. Except for Rugby League which is only for blouse wearing, hand bag toteing northerners.

Hmmm maybe not tongue in cheek this time????

I grew up in Kaniva and played in the Tatiara league with Bodertown, Mundulla, Keith, Tintinara and Leeor. The grass roots footy is the way to go

Good old country footy! At Lucindale footy training they drove a ute around the oval with a keg on the back ... when the boys caught up with the ute, they drank the keg!

Cheers
    Tikki

I remember the training night after the prvious Pie Night when we hooked up the electric fence to the urinal. Pity the coach was the first one to use it.

Training was a *****................

Amazed it worked, seeing as Mythbusters couldn't get someone zapped by pissing on the live rail of a 3 rail train line.
    "Clear, Ease Springs"
    www.Stu's Shed.com

May have rested his hand on the metal perhaps, but from the scream something made contact and he was not a happy man.

Three rail train lines need the connection between the live rail and the other rails. Electric fence is designed to earth through whatever touches it.
    Is there anything easier done than said?
    - Stacky. The bottom pub, Cobram.

Amazed it worked, seeing as Mythbusters couldn't get someone zapped by pissing on the live rail of a 3 rail train line.
    I wonder who they got to try this? 600 volts and enough amps to move a train. Buggered if I'd pull my pecker out and see if I got zapped or not.
    Photo Gallery

Quote Originally Posted by bennylaird
    Our great game is being driven to a place where I never thought it would.

The Croweaters have driven our sport to the lowest level ever, as bad a the sickening levels that are expected from a soccer game.

The final in Adealaide is having seats issued with separate areas for each supporters. Due to rivalry between the fans leading to violence?

What the hell has happened! The best part is being able to go to the footy and sit amoungst the oppositions supporters and enjoy the rivalry without violence.

I can understand it from soccer supporters, they have to do something to overcome the boredom. Nothing like a nil all draw to make your day.

Perhaps we should return to the VFL and get back to enjoying our sport?
    Perhaps if you went to the football in Adelaide and had to put up with to Chardonnay quaffing Crows supporters you would want to fight with them as well. Idiots who know nothing about a game and yell and scream abuse really p#$@%$#@ss me off! Just because of their supporters i think they should be penalised 10 goals before the start of the game

C'MON THE POWER!!!
    Everyone thinks I'm psychotic, except my friends deep in space

So a passionate supporter??????

Still no reason for violence though.

On shocking episodes,
    Did anyone see Mythbusters with the Urn of the Covonent (Whatever) Where they hooked up the angels to the cattle prod? Now that looked painful.

Don't mess with electricity, have you seen the scars where the doctors have had to remove dead flesh from an internal burn if you do manage to survive?

Only takes about 100 milliamps to kill you too, especially if you are working alone and the heart goes into defib.

WORK SAFE!!!!!!